Please note this job is not "full-time and you will work on an "as needed" basis.
Ready to put your skills to work on Technical or Engineering projects? Are you great with people and have willingness to work hard to get the job done? Parsons is seeking a candidate with a desire to enhance the fabric of our community.
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons as the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA's Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA's nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
The Resident Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of engineering theories and practices, and possesses previous FAA experience. Willingness to travel to construction site locations and provide oversight, monitoring, and control of subcontractor or self-perform personnel on-site, is expected.
* Under general supervision, performs complex quality control inspection activities on assigned projects and/or functional areas to ensure that products or services provided are in accordance with customer and Parsons requirements.
* Performs inspections/surveillances.
* Interacts cross-functionally with project team members and management.
* Implements inspection, examination, and testing procedures and records inspection, examination, and testing data.
* Plans inspections, evaluations, and tests; setting up tests, including preparation and set-up of related equipment.
* Evaluates the validity and acceptability of inspection, examination and testing results and reports inspections, examination and testing results.
* Evaluates the adequacy of specific programs used to train and test inspection, examination, and testing personnel.
* Performs and documents inspections of subcontractor work.
* Oversees subcontractor inspections and review of subcontractor work. Reviews and audits subcontractor generated quality records.
* Performs First-Article / In-Process Inspections, as needed (may include source inspection).
* Ensures compliance to HSE requirements applicable for their work scope.
* Participates in qualifying and certifying QC Inspectors at all levels.
* Documenting and communicating inspection results in a clear and concise manner.
* Understands contract requirements and subcontractor(s) contract requirements.
* May provide technical guidance to lower-level Quality Control Inspectors.
* Performs other functions associated with this position as appropriate.
* Reviews design drawings and specifications for construction following relevant codes and standards. Candidate should be familiar with codes such as IBC, IMC, UPC, NFPA, and FAA Standards. Conducts constructability reviews.
* Provides recommendations to solve unforeseen problems in the field.
* Oversees subcontractor during construction to verify adherence to drawings and specifications.
* Communicates with the different construction subcontractors assigned to jobs.
* Participates in Contractor Acceptance Inspections (CAI) as required.
* Keeps a construction diary on the status of assigned tasks.
* Submits weekly progress reports and participate in weekly construction meetings. Communicates daily with the assigned Project Manager.
* Reads and thoroughly understand and implement the Resident Engineers Manual as well as the Program Policies/ Procedures.
* Construction inspections to confirm conformance to Contract Documents.
* Review and track construction schedules.
* Escort contractors to properly ensure security at facilities.
* Identify possible construction problems and suggest resolutions.
* Document construction progress through reports, pictures daily, and project drawing redlines.
* Evaluate contractor claims and provide recommendations to FAA.
* Inspection or installation of concrete, masonry, reinforcing steel, shotcrete, structural steel welding, fireproofing and testing of soils, aggregate, concrete, asphaltic concrete and grading observations.
* Supports project closeout and lessons learned documentation.
* Performing other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Typical projects may be:
* Air Traffic Control Towers Modernization
* Airport NAVAIDS Upgrade
* UIS Tower Replacement
* Tenant Improvement
* Previous FAA experience is highly desired.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or related field) or High School Diploma or Trade School Diploma AND 10+ years of related work experience.
* Ability to read and understand drawings, codes, standards, and specifications.
* Basic computer skills, including, but not limited to, MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel. Proficiency in utilizing scheduling software.
* Willingness to Travel.
* Green card or US citizenship required.
* Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed.
* Familiar with cloud-based databases, such as MS SharePoint or Knowledge Service Network (KSN).
* Experience using CAD software such as MicroStation or AutoCAD.
* Experience taking photographs using a digital camera in addition to uploading files/photographs to a computer/memory device or internet site.
* Previous Federal Government experience.
* Self-starter and ability learn and adapt quickly.
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.