Paralegal / Legal Assistant III Supporting the FBI ( 2 Vacancies )
Washington, DC, USA
Information Technology (IT)
Be a part of the nationwide law enforcement initiative that removes the tools of crime from criminal organizations, depriving wrongdoers of proceeds from their crime and impacting the infrastructure of criminal enterprises.
EnProVera, owned and operated by government veterans with extensive backgrounds in Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, the Military, and the Intelligence Community has a vacancy for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant III. In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
* Assists attorney in reviewing case material to include gathering and analyzing case material and preparing a digest of selected decisions/opinions, including legal references. May provide Legal Clerk/Paralegal II review.
* Receives, examines, and evaluates new and complex cases with reference to the facts of the case and established standards.
* Assists in determining probable cause by reviewing investigative reports, establishing the need for further evidence and information, and planning a comprehensive approach to obtaining that information and evidence. Advises attorneys of the strengths and weaknesses of probable cause and potential defenses.
* Investigates facts and laws of cases and searches public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action by using a variety of legal research tools, public information databases, and other automated resources. Interviews federal agents and other law enforcement officers regarding the probable cause for forfeiture and the availability of evidence and witnesses.
* Assists attorney in pretrial preparations by preparing, reviewing, and organizing discovery; notifying, interviewing, and preparing summaries; and managing witnesses.
* Assists attorney in convincing the affected individuals of the correctness of the legal position and appropriateness of the settlement. Also prepares documents for settlement or disposition.
* Prepares legal pleadings, motions, papers, and proposed orders.
* Organizes and manages files, documents, and indexing exhibits.
* Summarizes documents and proceedings, including depositions, interrogatories, and testimony to assist attorneys.
* Uses various databases and programs to extrapolate data for reports, charts, graphs, and trial exhibits.
* Provides training to other personnel as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Paralegal Certificate with one-year paralegal experience; or High School Diploma/GED and three years paralegal experience
* One-year of automated litigation support experience with knowledge of the capabilities and use of automated resources and technology for the development, presentation, and prosecution of federal cases
* Knowledge of forfeiture law, policies, and procedures and trial experience preferred
* Knowledge of the principles, concepts, and methods of legal research and analysis sufficient to perform case development and documentation assignments which are typically covered by established precedents
* Excellent communication skills; oral and written, to include legal writing skills
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills
* Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other common software applications, to include databases
* Proven commitment and expertise to provide excellent customer service; positive and flexible; ability to multi-task
* Ability to work in a team environment, deliver the highest quality of work, and maintain a professional disposition under extreme pressure
* Outstanding analytical ability - reviewing files to ensure the file is meets all policy and statutory requirements
* The ability to work and problem solve independently
* Outstanding interpersonal skills - working with a variety of clients to include inter-office staff and attorneys; and field staff throughout other parts of the country
* Outstanding technical skills -- using a variety of software and database systems to execute their assignments
* Initiative -- to carry out the aforementioned with little supervision
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
The mission of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States. FBI investigates a broad range of criminal violations, integrating the use of asset forfeiture into its overall strategy to eliminate targeted crd Skillsiminal enterprises. The FBI has successfully used asset forfeiture in White Collar Crime, Organized Crime, Drug, Violent Crime and Terrorism investigations.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.