Information Technology (IT)
Be a part of the nationwide law enforcement initiative that removes the tools of crime from criminal organizations, depriving wrongdoers of proceeds from their crime and impacting the infrastructure of criminal enterprises.
EnProVera, owned and operated by government veterans with extensive backgrounds in Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, the Military, and the Intelligence Community has a vacancy for a Legal Clerk. In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
* Provides apprentice review of legal instruments.
* Checks legal instruments for completeness of information and proper execution and obtains additional information where necessary.
* Provides information and assistance on legal instruments.
* Determines correctness of action (using Government regulations, procedures).
* Researches records to identify any conditions that might prevent action.
* Collects facts for case and standard reports.
* Conducts first review of petitions for remission and mitigation of forfeiture.
* Reviews legal documents to confirm citations and legal references.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Applicants with an Active TS Clearance preferred
* Four-year Undergraduate degree
* One-year experience in a field related to law enforcement (includes legal and military experience)
* Ability to grasp and understand the organization and functions of the customer
* Competence to review, interpret, evaluate, and extract data and information from complex legal and non-legal documents
* Excellent communication skills; oral and written
* Attention to detail and the ability to read and follow directions is extremely important
* Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other common software applications and databases, to include legal research tools
* Proven commitment and expertise to provide excellent customer service; positive and flexible
* Ability to work in a team environment and maintain a professional disposition
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation
The mission of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States. FBI investigates a broad range of criminal violations, integrating the use of asset forfeiture into its overall strategy to eliminate targeted criminal enterprises. The FBI has successfully used asset forfeiture in White Collar Crime, Organized Crime, Drug, Violent Crime and Terrorism investigations.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.