Junior Financial Analyst Supporting the FBI (NVTC)
Washington, DC, USA
Information Technology (IT)
Be a part of the nationwide law enforcement initiative that removes the tools of crime from criminal organizations, depriving wrongdoers of proceeds from their crime and impacting the infrastructure of criminal enterprises.
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers SAIC and Amentum, has a vacancy for a Junior Financial Analyst. In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of the FBI.
* Provides quality control and reconciliation of computer databases containing financial and compliance records.
* Checks accounting practices for compliance with Federal laws and regulations (e.g., Single Audit Act), generally accepted Government accounting practices (GAP), and relevant Office Management and Budget (OMB) circulars.
* Reviews and analyzes annual financial statements to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, program policies, and procedures, and makes recommendations for corrective actions if findings indicate improper or illegal expenditures and accounting funds.
* Evaluates logistics and operations of audit and certification programs to maximize efficiencies and streamline program reviews.
* Creates draft budget requests for office operations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, or High School Diploma/GED with at least four years related experience
* General knowledge of financial statements
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills
* Excellent communication skills; oral and written
* Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other common software applications and databases, to include financial systems
* Strong attention to detail; meticulous data entry skills
* Proven commitment and competence to provide excellent customer service; positive and flexible
* Ability to work in a team environment and maintain a professional disposition
* Input financial movements into a Share Point based tracking system
* Ability to report on status of tracking system.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
NOTE: Applicants with an Active TS Clearance preferred
The mission of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States. FBI investigates a broad range of criminal violations, integrating the use of asset forfeiture into its overall strategy to eliminate targeted criminal enterprises. The FBI has successfully used asset forfeiture in White Collar Crime, Organized Crime, Drug, Violent Crime and Terrorism investigations.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.