Information Technology (IT)
Casework Files Assistant - 1
* Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA Federal, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers SAIC and AMENTUM, has a contingency opening for a Casework Files Assistant 1 in support of the FBI Laboratory Division mission to process and examine forensic materials submitted to respective units at the Quantico, Virginia and Huntsville, Alabama locations. The position will support the FBI's role regarding forensic examination and evidence handling consistent with FBI Laboratory and Terrorist Explosive Device Analytical Center (TEDAC) policies and procedures.
The Case File Assistant (CFA) performs higher level tasks and has knowledge and experience in the structure, preparation, and maintenance of case documentation for the Scientific and Biometric Analysis Unit (SBAU) and other Units. The performance of these tasks requires familiarity with historic and current TEDAC casework and workflow, supporting the ability to conduct research utilizing their knowledge, case documentation, accessing TEDAC specific databases; such as Next General Identification (NGI), Explosives Reference Tool (EXPeRT), DART, and for latent results, from Department of Defense (DoD) labs, specific DoD databases, such as WEAT and BI2R. Key activities for this positions are as follows, but not limited to:
* Provide basic managerial / administrative support for case documentation requests from internal and external sources.
* Support functional areas in preparation of case information and items for court testimon
* Send communications to appropriate field offices or FBI Headquarters (HQ) as required.
* Assist with document tracking or developing database / spreadsheet applications to track case files, audit reports, and other documentation management actions.
* Assist with other duties as requested.
* Support activities, functions, or duties as defined in future TOs.
* Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
* High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate. Experience: Previous experience working with TEDAC and / or SBAU.
* Skills: Basic computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook); organization skills; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
* This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.