Caddell is seeking 2020 and 2021 Building Science and Construction Management graduates for an Assistant Project Engineer opportunity upon graduation.
Applicants who do not have the credentials listed above will not be considered.
Assists contracts managers in monitoring construction correspondence and other tasks. Assists the on-site construction staff with achievement of corporate deadlines.
1. Assists contracts manager in monitoring construction correspondence.
2. Assists on-site construction staff with corporate procedures and achievement of corporate deadlines.
3. Assists with the preparation of financial statements.
4. Assists contracts managers with documentation as needed to answer and respond to governmental agency requests.
5. Assists contracts managers with coordinating issues with project management.
6. Assists contracts managers with coordinating submittals for preconstruction plans required for new contracts.
7. Assists with training of on-site staff on Caddell's procedures.
8. Assists contracts managers with monitoring and distributing design-build submittal packages.
9. Assists the construction executives and executive staff as needed.
10. Assists in negotiating and preparing change orders, terms and conditions, and purchase agreements within the parameters of established procedure for subcontractors and vendors.
11. Assists in developing, tracking and negotiating proposals and change orders for the implementation of contract changes with the owner and subcontractors.
12. Conducts business correspondence and assists in the preparation of billing/financial reporting.
13. Provides technical support for construction efforts including participation in construction planning. Assists with design interpretation, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts and constructability reviews.
14. Develops, implements, and administers project procedures and other work controlling documents to support overall construction.
15. Interfaces with all departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, project safety etc., in support of overall project schedule.
16. Assists in looking ahead and paying attention to the work flow, coordinating with superintendents on delivery of materials and staying on schedule.
17. Assists in the maintenance of the project schedule by completing period schedule updates within required time frames and identifying any schedule issues.
REQUIREMENTS Four-year degree in Building Science, Construction Management or related field. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to develop a working knowledge of all applicable Caddell processes and procedures. Ability to develop strong client relations skills. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook..
ADDITIONAL INFO Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer – veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL?
Caddell is looking for people with strong values and a shared vision for success. Cultural fit is critical to employee satisfaction and company success. Take a moment to watch The Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you are the right fit, we'd be happy for you to apply!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.