3 years expereince operating and maintaining Ordnance Handling Equipment (OHE)
Repair and maintain specialized shipboard electrical forklifts and diesel pallet jacks
Maintain and overhaul major items and assemblies of OHE in accordance with NAVSUP guide
Usea variety of hand and power tools and precision measurement equipment to identify specific tolerance and reference points and maintain dimensional accuracy
Perform functional, operational and accpetance test; evaluate performance characteristics;and compare test results
Troubleshhot malfunctioning equipment, perform defect isolation and conduct repair processes related to more complex OHE.
Performs all EE battery testing
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $22.74 per hour
The CNAL (Commander Naval Air Force Atlantic) requires contractor services to support the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) / Shipboard Mobile Support Equipment (SMSE) program. The purpose of the MHE/SMSE rework program is to insure all MHE/SMSE are safe for use, maintained to required standards, and repaired to A-4 condition when repairs are required.
· Repair and maintain specialized shipboard weapons EE rated (electrical) forklifts and manual pallet jacks used for the movement and transfer of weapons and ordnance to and from shipboard magazines,armories, lay down, and vertical replenishment areas.
· Maintain and overhaul major items and assemblies of OHE in accordance with NAVSUP P-538 and SLEP Guide
· Use a variety of hand and powered tools and precision measurements equipment to identify specific tolerance and reference points, and maintain dimensional accuracy.
· Perform functional, operational, and acceptance test; evaluate performance characteristics; and compare test results with established parameters to determine the structural and functionality integrity of repaired and rebuilt equipment
· Troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment perform defect isolation, and conduct repair processes related to more complex OHE and multi-component devices which are usually composed of a number of interrelate delectrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic assemblies and components
· Performs all EE battery testing and analyzing operations in accordance with NAVSUP P-538
· Ensures all EE batteries which pass through MHE/SMSE Maintenance Facility are tested at a minimum of every three years or during any major availability of 6 months or more.
· Train shipboard personnel in the proper care and maintenance of shipboard lead acid (flooded) or maintenance free (gel cell)batteries.
· Ensure all OHE equipment is certified to meet ship operational schedules and deployments IAW NAVSEA SWO-23-AH-WHM-010 8th Revision. Verify all final weight test certifications are supervised and signed off by the quality assurance/ quality control manager IAW NAVSEA
- Even though the position is addressed as Ordnance Handling EquipmentMechanic, its involves a lot of diesel equipment as well i.e. 20K forklifts, 6Kforklifts, shipboard mobile cranes, pressure washers and flight deck scrubbers.
Graduate of vocational/technical school in related field or Navy Enlisted Classification or equivalent. Three years of direct or related mechanical and electrical experience may be substituted for vocational/technical school and/or NEC.
SYMTECH CORPORATION is a Certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business headquartered in Durham, California
Symtech was founded more than 25 years ago, and our first task was to provide high quality logistics services to the U.S. Navy. Our exemplary work on contracts for NAVAIR and NAVSEA, coupled with meticulous attention to customer requirements, captured the interest of other government agencies, and we were soon successful in obtaining contracts with other DoD Agencies, the Department of State, the U.S. Veterans Administration, the U.S. Coast Guard, and NASA.
More recently, Symtech has greatly increased its support of the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps while continuing to support the Veteran Administration and U.S. Army. Through engaged, hands-on leadership, refined management best practices, and a strong performance record as a prime and subcontractor, we have been awarded more than 170 Task Orders for the management and deployment of personnel at multiple locations throughout the United States. This support included contracts subject to both SCA and CBA requirements.