*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.,*was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
*D.R. Horton, Inc.*is currently looking for a*_Portfolio Manager - Leasing and Property Management_*. The right candidate will responsible for the successful lease-up and management of newly developed single-family for rent communities.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provides oversight and is the primary point of contact for third party management companies
* Capable of managing the operations and staffing of internally managed for rent communities
* Capable of managing multiple lease-ups simultaneously
* Provides leasing guidance to both onsite agents and third-party management companies
* Provides guidance on market lease rates to best maximize gross rents and lease-up absorptions
* Determines the staffing levels necessary to execute the lease-up and sustain the project
* Performs on-site property inspections to monitor the property management team's effectiveness and assesses property conditions. Issues action plans that drive investment performance
* Works closely with property management companies and internal construction teams to oversee effective execution of capital and business plans
* Manages the approval process of all property operating decisions requiring ownership consent
* Negotiates the contractual relationship with the management companies and other vendors as needed
* Analyzes market research to understand the position of each asset in its respective market from a leasing, investment perspective and underlying factors that may influence it such as public infrastructure, employment and education bases, rental comps, etc.
* Collaborates with investment team to complete asset valuations (hold/sell analyses and quarterly valuation updates) in an efficient and timely manner
* Contributes to business plan and budget creation
* Participates in the selection, evaluation and design of prospective communities
* Lead and supervise business plan execution as owner's representative
* Assist in underwriting prospective projects by providing relevant market rent and operating expense assumptions
* Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customer and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
May directly manages two or more employees in the Operations Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
*Education and/or Experience*
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Must have a vehicle and a valid driver's license
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and excellent organization skills
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
* Proficiency with MS Office and email
* Prior experience in on-site property management
* Ability to conduct market research
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
* Medical, Vision and Dental
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Flex Spending Accounts
* Life Insurance
* Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
*/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, Americas Builder. #WeBuildPeople2/*
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.