The Office Administrator provides company-wide administrative support with a focus on warehouse and equipment support:
· 75% of time focused on warehouse support, coordinating the flow of equipment between the job sites and the warehouse and scheduling, collecting, and maintaining all the warehouse information and resources for efficient use and providing support to field operations at our Warehouse location on San Remo Drive in South Burlington, VT.
· 25% of time supporting administrative functions at our Tilley Drive, South Burlington, VT location, including general office support for various administrative departments.
o Update and maintain information associated with the following items: equipment transfers, equipment rental rates, equipment cost information, mileage logs, vehicle registrations.
o Equipment record management: In CMiC, process transfers, charge-outs, disabling of equipment, adding new equipment to system.
o Provide fleet management. Coordinate transportation needs and transfer of construction equipment and supplies between project sites.
o Enter phased equipment timesheets into the equipment costing system.
o Sort, distribute and send incoming and outgoing packages, mail, faxes, or other correspondence at both locations on a regular/daily basis.
o Manage, route, and distribute FedEx and UPS packages and serve as the vendor point person.
o Order checks, envelopes, and office supplies.
o File department and company documents.
o Manage, cost code and route subcontractor and vendor invoices for approval to ensure payment according to terms.
o Enter phased timesheets into the payroll system.
o Process invoices – scan and validate. Handle vendor statements.
o Make calls to vendors to request invoices via email.
o Contact appropriate vendors and suppliers to obtain pricing information.
o Purchase and maintain inventory of expendable materials and commodity construction materials for local projects.
o Maintain office supply inventories for both locations, including printed forms and printing supplies.
Subcontractors and Vendors:
o Coordinate delivery of equipment and supplies.
· Applied Learning
· Quality Orientation
Minimum Job Requirements
· High School Diploma
· 3 years of experience
· Accounting training and experience
· One year of experience in job cost systems and accounts payables
· Two years of experience with heavy equipment and construction site operations
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to:
· Physically operate a computer, including keyboard and mouse.
· Physically access working areas of a construction project site.
· Travel to project sites and other locations as needed to perform essential duties.
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.