DescriptionSite Safety & Health Officer (SSHO) is responsible for the development and/or review of the Accident Prevention Plan, activity hazard analysis's, amendments to the accident prevention plan, on site safety education, tool box safety meetings, all around safety compliance of the project, and a proactive innovative attitude towards solving difficult site specific safety issues. SSHO is responsible for managing, implementing, and enforcing the project Accident Prevention Plan. The Superintendent/SSHO shall provide full-time on-site safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections, training, and safety enforcement.
* Provide site compliance through daily site inspections and daily safety reports
* Development and/or review of Accident prevention plan, AHAs and crane and rigging plans
* Provide onsite safety education to subcontractors
* Coordination of safety issues as the Quality Control Manager and the Site Superintendent on new definable features of work
* Provide management and oversight of site specific safety activities. Examples - Permit required confined space, abatement, lockout/tag out activities, etc.
* Prioritization of daily tasks to maintain safety compliance and project schedule
* Demonstrate in depth knowledge of EM-385-1.1, OSHA 29 CFR 1910 and 1926
* Conduct mishap investigations and complete required accident reports
* Ensure sub-contractor compliance with safety and health requirements
* Provide 1st day site safety orientations for all new employees
* Maintain the OSHA 300 form
* Maintain applicable safety reference materials on the job site
* Maintain a safety and health deficiency tracking system that monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution
* Maintain current SDS (MSDS) list of hazardous chemicals on site
* Prepare monthly contractor safety self-evaluation checklist
* Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Must be able to perform daily safety inspections and associated reports, daily equipment inspections, hazard analysis prior to activities, and weekly safety meetings
* Must be able to present safety evaluations and coordination with production and quality control functions at weekly owner and subcontractor meetings
* Ability to communicate successfully with Site Superintendent ,Quality Control Manager, Government Quality Assurance Representative, OSHA, Environmental, Fire Marshalls, Crane Safety, subcontractors, and tradesmen
* Maintains safety records and manages all required reporting
* Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Internet
* Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
* Corporate Values - Understands, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
* Customer Service - Identifies and responds to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
* Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
* Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
* Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and other's work and information are complete and accurate
* Planning and Organizing- Systematically develop plans, prioritize, organize and manage resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific period of timeRequirementsQUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree is desirable but not required; experience can substitute
* 5 years construction related experience as a working as a SSHO
* 5 years of local, state or government (federal) construction experience
* Valid state driver's license
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and Primavera scheduling software
* Able to self-perform some minor scopes of work; carpentry, drywall, cleaning, demo, etc.
* Ability to estimate projects
* OSHA 30
* CPR & First Aid trained
* Quality Control and Safety certifications
* Experience working on projects with the Army Corps of Engineers and/or Mass DOT.
* Federal government construction projects preferred
* 30-hour OSHA construction safety class or equivalent
* Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) certification
* Experience with Traffic Control
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the work is performed in an indoor/outdoor setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: An individual will be required to climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions. Light Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects is required. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes. Occasional to frequent travel.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon's business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
PAY TRANSPARENCY STATEMENT: The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.VEVRAA Federal ContractorWe request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the stateThe EEO is the Law poster is available here.PDN-9197f6b2-2c89-4ff0-991f-3fe9f9eb8e17