*D.R. Horton, Inc.*is currently looking for an*_Assistant Superintendent-WA_*. The right candidate's primary responsibility is to assist the Superintendent with the management of the job site as it relates to home construction while providing excellent customer service. This includes but is not limited to scheduling and supervising job site subcontractors, homeowner walk-throughs, inspections, subdivision upkeep, and enforcing safety standards.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Recognize and enforce quality standards through daily inspection of homes under construction
Inspect each house daily to assure the quality of workmanship, ensures all work is in accordance with plans and specifications and determines the status as it compares to the production schedule
Schedule and walk all inspections with inspectors
Maintain a safe work site by enforcing safety requirements and good housekeeping regulations, enforcing safe work habits, observing OSHA requirements and any state-level agencies regulations
Walks each completed home before the homeowner walk-through and closing sign-off to make sure that the home is complete, clean, and meets standards of quality
Conducts homeowner orientation and any re-walks ensuring homeowner satisfaction
Notes outstanding homeowner walk-through items and schedules subcontractor to repair
Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
Ability to work overtime
Develop and maintain good rapport with subcontractors and homeowners
Execute company policies and enforces uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards
Assists Superintendent in scheduling of subcontractors
In absence of Superintendent, makes sure all schedules, policies, and guidelines are maintained
*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.,*was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
* Associates Degree or 6 months to 1 year related experience
* Must have a vehicle capable of carrying supplies, valid drivers license and be willing to drive among designated communities in daytime and nighttime
* Ability to utilize DRH Construction applications on a smart phone, tablet, or laptop
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via DRH Construction applications
* Proficiency with MS Office and email
* Ability to stand and walk for 4 hours straight or up to a full 8-hour day; sit for extended periods; kneel and bend at the waist; climb, balance and stoop, crouch or crawl; walk up and down stairs; walk on unlevel terrain; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
* Regular exposure to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level is generally loud
* Require minimum supervision
* Work effectively in high pressure situations
* Ability to create a systematic approach in carrying out assignments
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Vision and Dental
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Flex Spending Accounts
Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
*Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, Americas Builder.*
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.