Under limited supervision this hourly position will report to the Production Control Manager. We are seeking a professional, reliable/dependable, and hardworking addition to our Production team. The assembler will ensure the timely completion of assemblies for shipment to customers. A successful technician will be a team player, with an understanding of the importance of quality, safety, and urgency.
1. Perform work on ducts, fasteners, installations, safety wire, torque, forming and bonding, motors, blowers, evaporators, condensers, and wiring assemblies.
2. Ensures correct work order and clocked time is properly tracked.
3. Verify the warehouse pull contains the right parts at the right quantity and issue a FPY if required.
4. Check the revision of the drawings per the Bill of Material (BOM) to ensure the part is produced to the right revision.
5. Read and interpret all engineering drawings and EPS/PPP documents.
6. Gather tools and verify that they are calibrated and in good condition prior to starting the work, replace tools that are not compliant.
7. Assemble the product per the print and released procedures to ensure a quality product.
8. Safely operate all equipment such as die cut, drill press, lathe, mill and sanders, etc.
9. Route to Quality or perform in-process inspection per the procedure.
10. Troubleshoot quality issues and rework as necessary to ensure the product meets requirements, escalate to Assembler III or Manager for difficult issues.
11. Perform tests per the test procedure and record results.
12. If the test fails, troubleshoot the issues and rework as necessary to ensure the product meets requirements, escalate to Assembler III or Manager for difficult issues.
13. Sign all assembly & test operations and clock out of the job to ensure proper tracking of production.
14. Perform foreign object detection (FOD) activities through the process to minimize any potential risks.
15. Comply with all safety procedures to ensure proper protective equipment usage such as safety glasses, ear plugs, respirators/dust masks, etc.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) was founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for turbine helicopters and fixed wing applicatons.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every Air Comm system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate.
Air Comm customers include Operators, Service Centers and Manufacturers. ACC provides OEM systems for Bell Helicopter Textron, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, MD Helicopters (formerly Boeing Civil Helicopter), Enstrom Helicopters, Schweizer Aircraft and Agusta Aerospace Corporation.