*D.R. Horton, Inc.*is currently looking for a*_Superintendent-WA_*. The right candidate's primary responsibility is to manage all functions of the job site as it relates to home construction while providing excellent customer service. The Superintendent manages the construction of multiple homes from permit to closing by scheduling and supervising job site subcontractors, homeowner walk-throughs, and inspections while maintaining company construction and safety standards. Supervises Assistant Superintendent in essential job functions.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Plan and direct construction activities on the building site
Schedule all involved subcontractors for each phase of development and construction
Completes each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring all contract obligations are satisfied
Approves work being performed by subcontractors and handle any related issues
Authorizes payment of subcontractors upon thorough inspection of work
Maintains a safe work site by implementing safety requirements and good housekeeping regulations, enforcing safe work habits, observing OSHA requirements and any state-level agencies regulations
Manage SWWWP (erosion control) responsibilities: interact with erosion control inspectors; contractor accountability to SWPPP obligations; perform permit required inspections; discharge monitoring; living document updates; learn document retention process; ensure best management practices are maintained and properly installed
Maintains compliance with all applicable building codes
Verify all checklists are completed and inspections are scheduled and passed
Conduct homeowner orientation and any re-walks ensuring homeowner satisfaction
Recognize and enforce quality standards through daily inspection of homes under construction
Monitors subdivision cleanliness and hold subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up
Schedule and manage subcontractors to make designated warranty repairs
Follow up with homeowners to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner
Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business needs
Develops and maintains good rapport with subcontractors, homeowners, city officials and inspectors
Execute company policies and enforces uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards
Suggest improvements within the system
*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.,*was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
* Bachelors Degree or 3-5 years related experience
* Ability to manage and complete the "13 Milestone of Construction" specified in JDE
* Must have a vehicle capable of carrying supplies, valid drivers license and be willing to drive among designated communities in daytime and nighttime
* Obtain state of Washington CESCL certification within required timeframe
* Ability to utilize DRH Construction applications on a smart phone, tablet, or laptop
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via DRH Construction applications
* Proficiency with MS Office and email
* Ability to stand and walk for 4 hours straight or up to a full 8-hour day; sit for extended periods; kneel and bend at the waist; climb, balance and stoop, crouch or crawl; walk up and down stairs; walk on unlevel terrain; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
* Regular exposure to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level is generally loud
* Work effectively in high pressure situations
* Ability to communicate organizational policies and other information to subordinates
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Vision and Dental
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Flex Spending Accounts
Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
*Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, Americas Builder.*
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.