D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S. , was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for aDivision Controllerfor their Accounting Department. The right candidate will be responsible formanaging all aspects of the Divisions historical reporting, anticipatory budgeting and financial projections. Acts as the conscience of the Division among other things, which involves fiduciary responsibilities, business process improvement and challenging the thinking and decisions of the entire management team. Leads senior management in compliance with company policies. Acts as the liaison between the Division and the Corporate/Region office as it relates to Accounting and Finance issues. Assists all departments with current and accurate information presentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* The Controller has the fiduciary responsibility of enforcing the operating procedures and policies established by DR Horton
* The Controller must report financial results in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) together with financial and accounting policies established by DR Horton. All reporting will be due at the times and in the format required by Corporate
* The Controller must fully understand all aspects of the computerized accounting system deployed in the operating divisions, and utilize the system to its full capabilities
* The Controller is responsible for the budgeting process and must ensure that all budgets input to the computerized accounting system reflect out contractual or estimated contractual liabilities at all times
* The Controller is responsible for the preparation and reliability of all financial projections required by DR Hortons corporate management
* The Controller holds the primary responsibility for the successful implementation and management of divisional information systems applications
* The responsibility for all banking activities rests with the Controller and must be executed in accordance with policies and procedures issued by Corporate
* The Controller is expected to perform in both the financial and operational segments of the business. To this end, the Controller will devote a minimum of 20% of his or her time in the operational arena, with at least half of this time devoted to field visits
Directly supervises two or more employees in the Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental./Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton,America's Builder./
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.