*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.,*was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
*D.R. Horton, Inc.*is currently looking for an _Junior Credit Underwriter_ in the Underwriting Department. The Junior Credit Underwriter clears loan conditions on files that have been previously reviewed by an Underwriter. Underwrites pre-defined Conventional Loans and performs select audits as required.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Review loans daily as assigned by the Underwriting Manager, Assistant Underwriting Manager or Team Lead
* Prioritize files to meet departmental turn times
* Successfully train to review and underwrite select Conventional Loans as defined by the Underwriting Manager, Assistant Underwriting Manager or Team Lead
* Monitor deadlines identified by Underwriting Managers for actions necessary when conditions exist
* Initiate phone calls with Loan Processors, Mortgage Loan Originators or Underwriters to discuss loan files and conditions
* Maintain frequent contact with the Processors, MLOs and Branch Managers to update loan and condition status
* Ability to work overtime
* Regular and reliable attendance
* Ability to review appraisals assigned to the Junior Collateral Underwriting Team
* Review and respond to internal and external audits
* Ability to occasionally travel overnight
* Perform audits as required
* Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
*Education and/or Experience*
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Four years related processing experience and/or training
* Ability to effectively communicate using strong written and verbal skills
* Possess strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task effectively
* Proficiency with MS Office and email
* Bachelors degree from four-year college or university preferred
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
* Medical, Vision and Dental
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Flex Spending Accounts
* Life Insurance
* Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
*/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, Americas Builder. #WeBuildPeople2/*
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.