*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.*, was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a*_Construction Manager_*for their Construction Department. The right candidate willhave ultimate responsibility for allconstruction field related activities, which includes management of all area managers, project managers, superintendents, assistant superintendents, etc. Responsible for the generation and implementation of all construction field policies and procedures, along with the continuous interfacing with sales, accounting, purchasing, land development and production departments to achieve corporate goals.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
* Plans and directs tasks necessary for all phases of construction
* Manage and supervise construction activities in the field either directly or through utilizing your Construction Area Managers, Project Managers and Superintendents
* Interfacing with public agencies in obtaining all necessary permits and approvals; or work with the Permit Department in obtaining these permits and approvals
* Interface with all municipal governing bodies, public utilities and industry associations; or work with the Land Development Department in obtaining these objectives
* Oversee field operations, productions times, and insure quality control so that the homes built meet the DR Horton standards and are ready for homeowner orientations/occupancy
* Set build times on each plan and provide schedules to meet the build times
* Ensure that the Construction department is meeting all safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations.
* Responsible for developing departmental overhead budget and controlling the budget
* Review all architectural plans prior to first time build at each subdivision and final approval on all architectural changes
* Visit job sites periodically to spot check quality and policy enforcement
* Develop and review performance of all subcontractors
* Review survey cards for construction and customer service in order to direct quality improvement efforts
*Supervisory Responsibilities *
Manages two or more subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 5-20 employees in the Construction and/or Customer Service Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
*Education and/or Experience*
* Fifth year college or university program certificate; or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have a vehicle, a valid driver's license, and be willing to travel.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental.*/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton,America's Builder./*
Comefollowour newest Open Jobs on Twitter andlikeus on Facebook!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.