*D.R. Horton, Inc.*is currently looking for a*_Customer Service Technician_*. The right candidate's primary goal is to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction of homeowners. This is achieved by facilitating all customer warranty requests, whether by making the actual repairs or scheduling subcontractors to make repairs. The Customer Service Technician is responsible for proactively resolving customer issues after the closing of the home.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Evaluates homeowner repair issues to determine if they are warrantable items
Processes written or electronic work orders and/or verbal instructions from supervisor for homeowner repairs
Performs necessary repairs to homes such as carpentry work, drywall, texture repair and painting
Schedules and manages subcontractors to make designated warranty repairs
Certifies warranty work is completed within contractor obligations
Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
Ability to work overtime
Follows up with homeowners to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner
Processes charge-back documentation and invoices
*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.,*was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
* High School Diploma or GED
* 3 or more years related experience; including carpentry work, drywall, texture repair and painting
* Must have a vehicle capable of carrying supplies, valid drivers license and be willing to drive among designated communities in daytime and nighttime
* Ability to utilize DRH Warranty applications on a smart phone, tablet, or laptop
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via DRH Warranty applications
* Proficiency with MS Office and email
* Ability to stand and walk for 4 hours straight or up to a full 8-hour day; sit for extended periods; kneel and bend at the waist; climb, balance and stoop, crouch or crawl; walk up and down stairs; walk on unlevel terrain; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color vision and peripheral vision
* Regular exposure to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level is generally loud
* Prior customer service experience
* Experience with minor electrical, plumbing and HVAC repair work
* Ability to work independently and be productive without supervision
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Vision and Dental
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Flex Spending Accounts
Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
*Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, Americas Builder.*
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.