*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.*, was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries.
Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
*D.R. Horton, Inc.*is currently looking for an*_Estimator_*for their Main Office. The right candidate will be responsible foranalyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost, material, and labor estimates for products, projects or services.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Perform quantity take-offs to prepare detailed estimates in accordance with drawings and specifications
* Review Invitation to Bid (ITB) for a qualification of scope
* Interpret architectural drawings and specifications to determine project requirements
* Maintain computer databases (pricing, estimates, items, etc.)
* Approve/process all over-budget purchase orders
* Assist with maintaining take-offs, item cost, and contract pricing
* Assist in cost negotiations
* Field phone calls from potential new vendors as well as field staff
* Obtain vendor quotes
* Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
*Education and/or Experience*
* Construction Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
* Two to four years of related experience and/or training in the multi-family industry
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
* Proficiency with MS Office and email
* Knowledge of estimating software such as Blue Beam
* Strong communication skills
* The ability to meet multiple deadlines and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
* Medical, Vision and Dental
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Flex Spending Accounts
* Life Insurance
* Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
*/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, Americas Builder. #WeBuildPeople2/*
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.