Information Technology (IT)
FSA, a rapidly growing professional services company delivering highly qualified personnel in support of the government's mission, is sourcing well qualified professionals for an anticipated Paralegal III vacancy providing direct legal/law enforcement support, clerical and administrative support, and automated litigation assistance in support Health Care Fraud and Abuse Control.
A Paralegal III performs, but is not limited to the following duties:
* Analyzes and evaluates case files against legal standards
* Notes and corrects case file deficiencies (e.g. missing documents, inconsistent material, leads not investigated) before sending the case on to the concerned trial attorney
* Reviews and analyzes available precedents relevant to cases under consideration for use in presenting case summaries to trial attorneys
* Gathers, sorts, classifies, and interprets data to discover patterns of possible discrimination activity
* Interviews relevant personnel and potential witnesses to gather information
* Reviews and analyzes relevant statistics
* Performs statistical evaluations such as standard deviations, analyses of variance, means, modes, and ranges as supporting data for case litigation
* Consults with statistical experts on reliability evaluations
* May testify in court concerning relevant data
Job duties specific to this office include:
* Provide support services directly and independently supporting one or more Assistant US Attorneys, requiring a specialized knowledge of legal processes, federal and local rules of civil procedure, and federal court practices
* Draft and file motions, prepare subpoenas, prepare and file notices of depositions, draft discovery documents, conduct legal research, identify relevant case issues, research facts, and assist with case investigations
* Conduct medical record reviews and analysis
A Paralegal III must meet the following qualifications:
* Undergraduate, or Associate Degree, or Paralegal Certificate and 3 or more years of legal support and trail experience; Health related training or experience helpful
* Automated litigation support experience.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills: The Paralegal must be able to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff, agencies and potential witnesses; ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office; skill in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner; demonstrated ability to review a wide variety of documents, legal/non-legal, medical and/or health related correspondence; ability to prepare summary reports, drafts/edits non-legal memoranda and other correspondence relating to cases.
* Paralegal knowledge, including knowledge of standard legal citation system sufficient to perform manual and computer assisted legal research.
* Must have the ability to use MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional, spreadsheet programs and telecommunications. Must be able to perform manual and/or computer assisted legal research.
* Ability to analyze, organize and present large volumes of data through the use of common software programs.
* Self-motivated and ability to work independently, organize evidence and produce written reports.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.