Information Technology (IT)
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers SAIC and AMENTUM, has vacancies for a Mail Clerks / General Clerks I (GC1). In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the operation of one of their Field Offices. These Field Offices process and adjudicate certain immigration applications and petitions.
A Mail Clerk follows clearly detailed procedures in performing simple repetitive tasks in the same sequence.
As a Mail Clerk your responsibilities will include:
* Opening, sorting, loging and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
* Dating and timestamping mail per USCIS timelines.
* Operating document and postal machines that collate, fold, insert material into envelopes, and affix postage and mailing labels.
* Preparing outbound mail for shipment.
* Maintaining daily control logs using USCIS tracking systems.
* Appropriately accomplishing all tasks.
* Completing related tasks as ssigned.
A Mail Clerk / General Clerk I (GC1) must meet the following qualifications:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 6 months to 1 year of limited general experience in a related discipline or field.
* Additional educational achievements may be substituted for years of experience.
A Mail Clerk must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Experience coding and filing documents.
* Experience operating basic office equipment, (e.g., photocopier, facsimile, multi-line phone/voicemail systems, mailing machines, and minimal computer programs).
* Ability to achieve acceptable quality levels in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications.
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
* Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times.
* Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction.
* Read rapidly from both paper and a computer terminal.
* Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as: lifting, standing, sitting, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, filing, and reading.
* Ability to lift and transport up to 30 lbs. and push large carts.
* Ability to pass pre-employment background investigation, including credit check and drug test.
* Ability to obtain and maintain Office of Security and Investigations (OSI) background check/security clearance - full field background check required for personnel accessing Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS), Treasury Enforcement Communications System (TECS), Deportable Alien Control System (DACS).
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.