*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.,* was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
DHI Communities is a multifamily development division of D.R. Horton, Inc.
*DHI Communities* is currently looking for a*_Development Associate - Multifamily_*. The right candidate will be responsible for various tasks related to the direct development of assigned projects. Assist the Managing Director.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Source and underwrite development opportunities
* Prepare pro-formas and financial projections for potential developments projects
* Conduct field investigations which include: creating rent studies off the competitive properties, completing detailed analysis of the immediate neighborhood, high level evaluation of entitlements and in-depth summary of the land sales, and multifamily apartment sales in the immediate area
* Manage zoning, entitlement, and permitting activities
* Perform underwriting process, including analysis of market information, operational expense data, and estimated hard and soft costs
* Establish project timeline and spending forecasts
* Compilation of components for investment packages
* Presentation of development opportunities
* Coordinate with construction personnel as necessary to meet budget and timing targets
* Work with third party consultants on construction plans entitlements and financing
* Strategize with third party property management companies to maximize returns during lease-up
* Support Development team in running the disposition process which includes, preparing properties for sale, creating financial evaluations, selecting brokers, negotiating purchase and sale agreements, and working with buyers from due diligence period through close
* Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
* Ability to travel overnight
* Establish and maintain communication and progress with local officials, brokers, consultants, etc.
* Participate in decision making process regarding product, mix, parking, and design
* Bachelors degree (B.A.) in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experiences
* Proficient in advanced Excel Financial Modeling
* Proficient in Word, Outlook, Adobe and Power Point
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via DRH applications
* Proficiency with MS Office and email
* Ability to sit for majority of 8-hour workday; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color vision and peripheral vision
* The noise level is generally moderate but could be loud if performing duties in the field
* Registered planner or engineer
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
* Medical, Vision and Dental
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Flex Spending Accounts
* Life Insurance
* Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
*/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, Americas Builder. #WeBuildPeople2/*
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.