*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.*, was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an*_Entitlements Analyst_***for their Operations Department. The right candidate will be responsible forentitlements and due diligence for projects.
Ownership and ultimate responsibility for:
* Determining the Feasibility of a Planned Acquisition
* Entitlement of a property including obtaining zoning and governmental approvals
* Overseeing the completion, submittal and approval of construction plans
* Overseeing the Tax appeal process within the Division
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
* Ownership of the entire due diligence process. Due diligence includes determining both the physical and financial feasibility of a planned community.
* Physical Due Diligence:
o Physically walking the site with the ability to determine potential for special development situations, (i.e. demolition, utilities, relocations, special grading issues, etc.)
* Research the following and possess the analytical skills to interpret the following: Adjacent zoning classifications and uses, aviation flight paths and pattern space, current or future nearby freeway construction (dates), transmission lines, school district information, nearby shopping, employment areas, review existing and possible proposed zoning classifications, determine if existing stipulations exist (prior zoning case), determine if stipulated to existing site plan, review City Zoning Ordinance, current impact fees, school voluntary (ransom) fees, preliminary entitlement schedule, acquire City water, sewer, right-of-way and zoning maps, City buy-ins, Right-of-way dedication or abandonment needs, median breaks request or required, water size and location, sewer size and location, capacity, identify electric company provider, power pole/line burial, status of any existing fence (condition and location), status of existing pavement/curb/gutter/sidewalk, existing landscaping (relocate/salvage/clear & grub), status of existing irrigation ditches/pipes, review flood plain maps for determination
* Financial Due Diligence:
o Research and organize market data to determine the financial viability of a planned community. Act as a member of the executive team in determining product mix, and in determining the overall viability of the project
* Ownership of the entire entitlement process including:
o Hiring and coordination of counsel in generating submittal narratives/exhibits. Hiring and coordination of land planning and engineering consultants to prepare submittal exhibits/plans. Receive, review and revise exhibits/plans. Attend meetings with City Staff and DRHI Development Team. Request, receive and submit City application fee, submit application and plans to planning. Attend public hearings and speak as required. Schedule and attend neighbor meetings and speak as required. Render site plan for meetings. Request and receive adjacent neighbor mailing labels for notification. Prepare notifications, affidavits of notice and submit to City. Prepare notifications, stuff envelopes and mail out letters. Coordinate and pay for GP/Zoning signage (on site)
* Oversee the completion, submittal and approval of construction plans including:
o Solicit bids and determining engineers and other consultants. Coordinate and track the submittal of construction plans and other plans (i.e., Final Site Plan and Final Plat). Attend follow-up meeting with City staff. Receive and review plans, produce revisions. Coordinate with staff on Council approval of Final Plat. Coordinate Final Plat recordation atCountyRecorders office
* Oversee the Tax appeal process within the Division
o Research of comps in the area. Prepare applications and submit appeals to County (March). Attend and represent the company in all tax appeal hearings (July)
* Review 3rdparty engineers preliminary plans working directly with the engineers being instrumental in controlling costs by evaluating dirt qualities & movement, overall lot layout from a Sales perspective, verifying the plan is in compliance with the current zoning
* Analyze the rock study, soil report and geotechnical studies
* Challenge hired engineers on community layout for maximum lot yield, design and reasonableness
* Interact on amenity and entrance creation, design and budgeting to comply with County zoning requirements, meet Sales & Marketing needs obtaining County approval
* Maintain historical data on costs associated with each development project used as a measurement tool to establish an initial budget that estimates a final lot cost for budgeting
* Impact fee audits agreements, school agreements, etc.**
*Education and/or Experience*
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Registered planner or engineer
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental.*/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton,America's Builder./*
Comefollowour newest Open Jobs on Twitter andlikeus on Facebook!*/ /*
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.