Information Technology (IT)
Job Type Full-time Job Title Senior Auditor Job Description
Supervise project staff onsite, provide technical guidance on work assignments, independently perform major segments of engagement, act as liaison between project staff and project manager, and perform assigned tasks related to the engagement. The Senior Auditor will support system oriented-financial statement audit readiness tasks in support of the client's overall effort to become CFO Act compliant and obtain an unqualified opinion on its financial statements.
Review and evaluate computer-based systems, audit general and application controls in complex information technology environments, and perform other duties relevant to the engagement.
Analyze legacy systems for compliance to OSD FIAR Guidance
Analyze software systems and document requirements per FIAR methodology.
Conduct assessments and Identify weaknesses
Coordinate efforts with financial statement audit resources and other integrated process teams focused on improving client's back-office operations including contracting, supply chain/asset management, and human resources
Participate in FISCAM related activities such as evaluating Access, Security, Configuration Management, Segregation of Duties, Contingency, and Business Application controls.
Assist in presentations within required review and approval processes.
Assist with “assertion” packages (provide assurance it works) for any system changes.
Assist program and project personnel in the Financial Management Process within life cycle management of specified systems.
Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility and conformity to standards for procedures, guides, templates and forms.
Effectively communicate with program and project personnel conveying expertise in a format that can be understood and is accepted by all personnel.
Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in financial systems across the organization.
Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Formal Education & Certification
· Bachelor's degree in accounting or other technical field from an accredited college or university with at least 24 semester hours in accounting.
· CPA or CISA Certification or CPA or CISA candidate required.
· Continuing Professional Education in accordance with the Yellow Book.
Minimum of 4 years of audit, accounting, or financial and management advisory services experience. Proficient knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, federal regulations, guidelines, standards and concepts, or other relevant industry practices pertaining to the engagement.
Knowledge & Experience
· Knowledge of system oriented audit experience (DFAS BLUE-BOOK, FISCAM, FISMA) with two years experience required.
· Knowledge of System Implementation Audit with two years experience required.
· Knowledge of NIST SP800-53, CNSSI 1253, ICD 503 with 1-year experience preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Software Suite products required.
· Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts required.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment required.
· Excellent understanding of organizational goals and objectives desired.
· Good project management skills.
· Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
· Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
· Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
· Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
· Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Highly self motivated and directed.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Strong customer service orientation
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
Through specialization in medical, information technology, and professional services, BTL Technologies Inc., provides world-class excellence and proven experience in workforce solutions.
By acquiring technologically-savvy and experienced team members who embrace our core values of Quality, Flexibility, Integrity, Transparency and Honesty, BTL is able to supplement our clients’ personnel needs with talented, engaged professionals. Founded by a military veteran in 2006, with a company size of over 100 employees, BTL boasts more than 150 years of combined military experience.
BTL stands for Built to Last for one reason - because we take care of our employees. We believe the greatest technology is the mind, so we invest in our employees to bring our client the most innovative, technologically savvy, and adaptable workforce.
We understand the unique personnel needs of government agencies across the country. It is for this reason we seek outstanding individuals who embody our “Core Values” — integrity, honesty, openness, trust, excellence, flexibility and strong professional ethics. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to join our applicant pool.
They say business is all about the people you employ; this is why BTL prides itself in providing the best benefits for our employees. Health coverage, dental, 401k…say no more, take a look at the BTL benefits you can take advantage while working for us.