Certified Medical Billing/Coding Specialist Houston, TX ID.#1612
Veterans Evaluation Services, Inc
Certified Medical Billing/Coding Specialist
Regular Full-Time Houston, TX, US18 days agoRequisition ID: 1612
General Job Summary:
The Certified Medical Billing and Coding Specialist is responsible for maintaining compliance by ensuring all federal and procedural guidelines are followed required by contract.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Interprets medical information such as diagnostic testing descriptions and procedures to accurately assign and sequence the correct ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS rates; 2) Reviews state and federal Medicare reimbursement claims for completeness and accuracy before submission and; 3) Provides technical guidance to the billing and diagnostic recruitment staff in identifying and resolving issues or errors such as incomplete/missing records and documentation, ambiguous/nonspecific documentation, and/or codes that do not confirm the approved coding principles/guidelines.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Process Independent Medical Opinion payments; 2) Process VBA mileage/expense reimbursements checks for providers and facilities; 3) Process, investigate, and settle claims by Veterans that have been billed directly; 4) Attend meetings as required; 5) Process checks by stamping signature on checks, and verifying printed checks batch the EOB; and 6) Other duties as assigned.
1) Knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding guidelines; medical terminology; anatomy and physiology; state and federal Medicare reimbursement guidelines; 2) Ability to research and analyze data, draw conclusions, problem solve; read and interpret to apply policies, procedures, laws, and regulations; 3) Ability to maintain confidentiality; and 4) Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare reports and related documents.
1) Casual office environment, with some exposure to mild noise from office equipment and moderate noise generated by staff members; and 2) Frequently utilizes phone, fax machine, computer, printer, and copy machines.
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training:
1) Nationally Registered Certified Coding Specialist (NRCCS); 2) Minimum three years of experience of coding Medicare rates; and 3) Minimum Associate Degree.
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
OUR MISSION STATEMENT – To honor and serve America’s Veterans and Active-Duty Claimants by providing quality and timely reports through fair and objective evaluations performed by trained professionals in a respectful and hospitable environment.
VES UNDERSTANDS VETERANS BECAUSE WE ARE VETERANS
VES® is a Veteran owned service company. Key members of our team across the nation are Veterans who proudly served our country. We are proud to be American and we are proud of our service.
As Veterans ourselves, some of us having gone through the VA disability claims process, we understand that our real customers are the Veterans who sacrificed for their country and deserve our utmost respect, compassion and care.