International Veteran Liaison Officer HOUSTON, TX Requisition ID: 1604
Veterans Evaluation Services, Inc
International Veteran Liaison Officer
Regular Full-Time Houston, TX, US29 days agoRequisition ID: 1604
General Job Summary:
Daily duties include addressing all Veteran clients’ concerns, disputes, scheduling requests, and issues that may arise throughout the course of handling VA-requested Compensation and Pension (C&P) exams for veterans and service members residing overseas. Educate veterans on VES and VA procedures and resolve potential problems. Respond to negative feedback from Veterans and/or Providers.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Receive incoming calls directly from upset international veterans; 2) Receive incoming calls transferred from the call center; 3) Process international exam cancellations; 4) Review pending international no-show cases and processes them accordingly; 5) Coordinate and processes reschedules as they arise from Liaison duties; 6) Communicate with potentially violent veterans; and 7) Communicate with potentially homicidal and/or suicidal Veterans.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Assists other International Teams as necessary; 2) Removing/editing no-show letters posted in error 3) Other duties as assigned.
1) Advanced verbal and interpersonal skills; 2) Advanced written communication skills, to include excellent grammar; 3) Advanced reading and comprehension abilities; 4) Advanced analytical skills and detail-oriented; 5) Advanced multi-tasking skills; 6) Advanced organizational and prioritization skills, with strong ability to meet strict deadlines; 7) Proficient typing skills; and 8) Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, general internet research, and beginner knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
1) Casual office environment, with some exposure to mild noise from office equipment and moderate noise generated by staff members; and 2) Frequently utilizes phone, fax machine, computer, printer, and copy machines.
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training:
1. Military Service; 2. High School diploma or GED required.
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
OUR MISSION STATEMENT – To honor and serve America’s Veterans and Active-Duty Claimants by providing quality and timely reports through fair and objective evaluations performed by trained professionals in a respectful and hospitable environment.
VES UNDERSTANDS VETERANS BECAUSE WE ARE VETERANS
VES® is a Veteran owned service company. Key members of our team across the nation are Veterans who proudly served our country. We are proud to be American and we are proud of our service.
As Veterans ourselves, some of us having gone through the VA disability claims process, we understand that our real customers are the Veterans who sacrificed for their country and deserve our utmost respect, compassion and care.