Our vision is to create long-term value for our customers and employees by understanding their goals and delivering comprehensive, innovative solutions that meet their expectations for quality and performance. We empower our employees to do the right thing at the right time for the right cost, and to build relationships with our customers and each other to drive a sustainable future. We respect and foster partnerships with all our team members while promoting their continual growth and achievement. GEMCO offers customers a comprehensive approach to projects, both large and small. During the planning, designing, and construction phases, we are committed to exceeding our customer’s expectations on every project. Whether a large, new construction project or a small tenant finish, GEMCO approaches each job with the same sense of dedication and quality. Innovative engineering, exemplary job performance, and on-going service after job completion are just a few of the qualities that make us unique.
Function of Job
Under administrative supervision from a designated trade manager, to plan, coordinate and supervise new construction and remodeling of existing buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborates with administrators on the supervision of all work operations.
• Exercises control over rate of construction progress in order to complete construction project within time limits; schedules tasks for employees.
• Leads inspection and commission of day to day construction work to enforce conformity to specifications.
• Acts as adviser on job related problems.
• Deals with individuals demanding information or service, such as agencies, department heads or others.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Core Values Application
• Recognizing and acting on key factors to finalize important decisions
• Always Do the Right Thing; Encourage Others to Do the Right Thing
• Start Projects Well; Make Decisions that enable this.
• Assign Personnel based on Strengths & Weaknesses for Optimal Performance.
• Anticipate Key Factors that lead to Success
• Manage Labor to Ensure Target Profitability
• Make All Decisions with a Safety-First Mindset; Persuade All Personnel to do the same.
• Fulfilling what I consented to do, even if it means unexpected sacrifice
• Manage Competing Interests (Potential Distractions) to Focus on Priorities to get the Right Things Done at the Right Time
• Clarify & Communicate Expectations to my Team so Customers can depend on us to get the job done right and on time.
• Do everything possible to ensure a Safe Working Environment so employees’ families can depend on their loved one returning home safely.
• Clear and Consistent Communication to ensure everyone is on the same page.
• Resolve problems quickly and equitably.
• Recognizing and doing what needs to be done before I am asked to do it.
• Anticipate Labor Issues and provide solutions before they occur
• Actively seek input from others and listen
• Learn from mistakes and share this learning
• Over-Communicate with all stakeholders (team, other trades, customer, leadership)
• Model a high level of Commitment for Team Members (Travel, Diligence, Long Hours, Safety, etc.)
• Tackle unpleasant tasks in a cheerful and timely manner
• Effectively utilizing the people and tools available to overcome challenges.
• Lead and Manage People Resources well by assigning people based on strengths & weaknesses
• Consistently put Team Members in the best position for Triple Win: Team Member, Customer & Gemco
• Be a valuable resource to teammates and customers
• Utilize subcontractors and rental equipment wisely
• Communicate Consistently with Directors and Project Manager to optimize resources
• Ensure that Everyone has the Tools, Equipment & Training to consistently work safely
• Willingness to change plans or ideas to benefit the greater good.
• Make yourself available to assist other teammates
• Listen and adjust plans based on input from others
• Lead others to adjust their plans when changes are necessary
• Adjust to maintain a safe work environment
• Be willing to perform work other than core responsibilities for the good of the team, customer & company
• Willingness to Travel Extensively
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
• High school graduation or equivalent.
• Any combination totaling two years (24) month’s work experience in building construction, remodeling, construction project coordination experience.
• Knowledge of all phases of building construction, including work commonly done by the various building crafts.
• Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and structural systems.
• Knowledge of building materials, tools, and machines.
• Knowledge of building material costs and wages.
• Supervisory ability.
• Ability to read blueprints and specifications for buildings.
• General computer, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Has experience with and the ability to mount control panels, bend and install conduit, pull wire, terminate wires using acceptable quality methods, and mount controls devices including but not limited to relays, sensors, current switches, and other similar devices.
• The position requires standing, bending, reaching, and lifting for a majority of the workday.
• Lift repetitively 50 pounds.
• Climb ladders.
• Work from scaffolding and lifts.
• Drive a company vehicle (truck).
• Capable of driving long distances between job sites.
• Other manual labor as required.
This information should not be construed as the position’s exclusive standards. Performing other assigned duties is required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees are responsible for knowing and following all company policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local governmental regulations including Environmental Health and Safety requirements while working and representing GEMCO.
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.