Junior Program Analyst supporting FBI CJIS Division - NICS
Clarksburg, WV, USA
Information Technology (IT)
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers SAIC and AMENTUM, has an immediate vacancy for multiple Junior Program Analysts in support of the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division; National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) mission.
The position will support the Government's mission to ensure national security and public safety by providing the timely determination of a person's eligibility to possess firearms or explosives in accordance with federal law.
The Junior Program Analyst shall conduct activities in support of project team's objectives. Work closely with Senior Analysts or Team Leads. Support analyst functions including data collection, interviewing, data modeling, project testing, and creation of performance measurements to support project objectives.
* Conduct verification on specific Originating Agency Identifiers and correct/update corresponding contact and agency information as needed
* Compose proper transaction research comments.
* Verify/validate documents received and current documents within the NICS and/or other CJIS Division databases.
* Conduct research on explosives permit checks and analyze information for validity.
* Provide analysis (reviewing transactions marked for processing, processing work identified within a transaction, and providing follow-up action as needed), on NICS transactions as required by the NICS.
* Conduct research and analysis on two existing Delay Queue transactions per hour in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The contract staff will be monitored for quality by the Government.
* Conduct verification on specific Originating Agency Identifiers and correct/update corresponding contact and agency information as needed.
* Contact agencies as needed. Document any contact-related issues to include agency, method of contact, and description of issue-- these need to be supplied to the NICS Section's Business Advocate Team (BAT).
* Provide updated or any new contact information received while in correspondence with any agency to the BAT.
* Process incoming appeal requests via the NICS, assisting with providing first day responses.
* Validate submitted appeal disposition documentation for accuracy.
* Evaluate, continuously, existing procedures, processes, techniques, models, and/or systems related to the work being processed and provide recommended actions or solutions.
* Assist the NICS Section with composing and maintaining adequate documentation of all work as required under the current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) within the NICS Section.
* Complete necessary document clean-up of existing records to update and/or purge documentation as needed.
* Maintain proper control of their individually assigned Brady Identification Numbers.
NOTE: FBI (CJIS/NICS preferred). Minimum of Secret Clearance preferred.
A Junior Program Analyst must meet the following qualifications.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Minimum 1year of Experience
* Possess knowledge of applying analytic methodologies and principles to address client's needs.
* Intermediate computer, printer, copier, telephone and scanning skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to independently prioritize, plan and execute work objectives as deemed necessary by the Section
* Ability to work in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
* Ability to process transactions within 72 hours and meet the quality standards set forth in the NICS Section SOPs
* Ability to work shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Access
* Law Enforcement Experience to include any of the following:
* FBI (CJIS/NICS preferred)
* State & Local
* Background Investigation Experience
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.