Description: The Project Manager will plan, supervise, and manage multiple large and complex projects. These projects will be performed in collaboration with project team members and stakeholders. The incumbent is expected to be able to deliver, within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost to complete project solutions utilizing the Project Management methodology and standards. Responsibilities include providing project management leadership, as well as establishing and maintaining outstanding project management tools and practices for operational, strategic, integration or transformation projects. Ability to work within a fast-paced environment to deliver high quality solutions and play an integral part of a cohesive team. Exceptional ability to work successfully with executives and physician teams is required.
Fundamental Components: 1. Lead proposal efforts, including project scoping and prioritization and identification of all stakeholders; Determine scope and size of a project and stakeholder requirements for each stage or aspect of the project.
2. Develop and exercise scope change control; completes project charter and obtains approval from all stakeholders.
3. Identify and manage risks associated with a project and implements strategies to reduce those risks; enforce project standards across the project teams and performs project reviews, including quality assurance and risk reviews.
4. Recommend course of action regarding project issues/concerns, implement mitigation plans, and escalate risks.
5. Build a cohesive project plan, engaging input of others in defining tasks and estimating the duration of all related activities. Create and execute project plans, revising through formal change control as appropriate.
6. Establish and oversee project expenditures and budgets; Work with financial stakeholders to ensure that the project remains within financial and regulatory guidelines.
7. Plan, direct and coordinate project activities, manage resources and sequences activities to ensure that objectives are accomplished within project timeframes.
8. Maintain project focus by reordering tasks, shifting priorities, engaging resources, or otherwise managing to unexpected occurrences.
9. Employ change control skills and manage to the expectations of end-users and management.
10. Manage systems and operational issues related to security, privacy and stability and works with relevant departments to address the issues appropriately.
11. Participate in measurement activities required to report on project effectiveness, value capture, or other outcomes and success measurements, when necessary.
12. Demonstrate effective mediation, negotiation, communication and presentation skills; Apply specific professional expertise and training to promote decision-making and facilitate issue resolution.
13. Effectively communicates relevant project information across the organization, which involves giving presentations to senior leadership.
14. Communicate effectively with Physicians, executives, managers, clinical teams and other staff by analyzing user needs, applying logical reasoning, defining system requirements, and developing documentation.
15. Develop training strategies and deliver project management training to the organization.
16. Perform project closeout, including Lessons Learned activity.
17. Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Background Experience: Project management and leadership experience.
Qualifications: 1. Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Preferred- Masters Degree in Population Health
2. Minimum of 3-5 years in Project Management
3. Strong leadership skills and ability to facilitate cross functional teams.
4. Strong project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once.
5. Strong communication (written/verbal) skills. Additional Job Information: Data Analysis, collaborative skills, organizational skills, approachable and open to ideas/brainstorming Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.