Construction Project Manager - Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evaluates specifications or reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the construction project.
• Establishes work plan for each phase of the project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
• Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
• Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Confers with supervisory personnel to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
• Contracts workers to perform construction work in accordance with specifications.
• Directs and supervises workers on construction site to ensure project meets specifications.
• Dispatches workers to construction sites to work on specified project.
• Formulates reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, and scheduling.
• Inspects and reviews construction work, repair projects, and reports to ensure work conforms to specifications.
• Interprets and explains plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
• Plans, organizes, and directs activities concerned with construction and maintenance of structures, facilities,and systems.
• Requisitions supplies and materials to complete construction project.
• Studies job specifications to plan and approve construction of project.
• Individual is able to hear/listen to spoken instructions and directions and get clarification when needed. Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be willing to relocate to Center, Texas
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Outlook Email & Contract Management systems; Internet software; Required Experience in Project Management software (Quickbooks Contractor;); MS Excel Spreadsheet software, Microsoft Project, and MS Word Processing software.
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.