The Officer, Security maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment and guarding entrance points and/ or gate of the facility. The Officer, Security ensures persons safety during their scheduled shift.
• Properly log in visitors when entering the campus.
• Conduct rounds of physical property during scheduled shift.
• Complete security end of shift reports.
• Check that all doors are properly locked. (Evening and Night Shifts only).
• Adheres to establish security policies and procedures and emergency codes.
• Informs and ensures visiting hours are followed appropriately.
• Reports and communicates with Director, Engineering and Security on all reported irregularities in the facility.
• Notify Police Department (911) when required for emergency situations.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Assist visitors with parking as needed.
• Participates in staff in-service training.
• Provides orientation to new employees as needed.
• Follows all safety precautions.
• Maintain your required certifications and mandatory skill updates.
• Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Clear and active Class D Security License to practice in the state of Florida
• 1-2 years of security officer experience preferred
• Must have knowledge of computer office software
• Must be able to read, write and understand the English language