Regular Full-TimeClerical Houston, TX, US30+ days agoRequisition ID: 1566
General Job Summary:
Facilitating providers’ review of the veteran’s medical records by providing the pertinent information that is being requested. Go through an entire medical record and determine what is pertinent to the case using the tools at disposal and best judgment. We also rush through any cases that need to be pushed.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Separate all pertinent information from the Veteran’s medical record; 2) Successfully research and document medical conditions; 3) Communicate with VBMS for CAPRI checks if needed; 4) Make sure the case is complete before the scheduled exam; 5) Maintain the correct status in OMS for each case; 6) Researching both common and uncommon medical conditions.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Break down and scan physical c-files if needed; 2) Train for both scanning and bookmarking when needed; 3) Occasional special projects from other departments; 4) Stride to achieve quota on a daily basis; 5) Ensure compliance with HIPAA; 6) Attend periodic meetings; 7) Other duties as assigned.
1) Basic computer skills; 2) Proficiency with Microsoft and Adobe programs; 3) Functional knowledge of medical terminology; 4) Attention to detail; 5) Ability to draft proper email correspondence; 6) Ability to multi-task.
1) Normal office environment with a high level of security; 2) Low noise level; 3) Sitting at desk for majority of the day; 4) Overtime available with overflow of cases.
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training:
1) High School Diploma or GED required; 2) Some college preferred.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT – To honor and serve America’s Veterans and Active-Duty Claimants by providing quality and timely reports through fair and objective evaluations performed by trained professionals in a respectful and hospitable environment.
VES UNDERSTANDS VETERANS BECAUSE WE ARE VETERANS
VES® is a Veteran owned service company. Key members of our team across the nation are Veterans who proudly served our country. We are proud to be American and we are proud of our service.
As Veterans ourselves, some of us having gone through the VA disability claims process, we understand that our real customers are the Veterans who sacrificed for their country and deserve our utmost respect, compassion and care.