Regular Full-Time Houston, TX, US30+ days agoRequisition ID: 1567
General Job Summary:
Communication center agents are responsible for screening all incoming VES calls, as well as directing courteous, educated information to both Veterans and providers alike.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Properly authenticate each caller before verifying or releasing any information; 2) Place outgoing and receive incoming calls to and from Veterans regarding compensation and pension exams; 3) Verify and modify personal information; 4) Obtain scheduling availability and traveling availability of Veterans; 5) Confirm or reschedule appointments; 6) Properly modify changes and document information in OMS; 7) Forward calls to staff members in other departments; 8) Notify providers of cancellations for appointments scheduled within 72 hours from time of call; 9) Submit templates and other requests to various individuals and departments within the Agency; 10) Explain policies and procedures of VES and the VA to Veterans who are unfamiliar with our company; 11) Explain the purpose of attending required exams, explain approximate time frames for returning reports/documents to the VA, and explain the process for travel reimbursement.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Maintain maximum security implementing and enforcing HIPPA with medical providers, veterans, and VA employees; 2) Receive/submit power of attorney forms to diagnostics; 3) Maintain a low call time of 5 minutes or less per call; 4) Maintain all emails and respond efficiently; 5) Respond efficiently to web contacts sent by veterans; 6) Other duties as assigned.
1) Ability to work in a high paced environment; 2) Ability to multitask efficiently; 3) Knowledge of VA C&P exams preferred; 4) Ability to solve problems; 5) Ability to utilize Microsoft Outlook / Word /Excel programs; 6) Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude; 7) Verbal, communication, and customer service skills; 8) Customer service skills; 9) Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and sensitivity to personal and medical information.
1) Normal call center environment with moderate noise level; 2) Standard 8 hour work days; 3) Frequently utilizes telephone, computer and actionably printer;
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training:
1) High School Diploma or GED required; 2) Some College preferred.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT – To honor and serve America’s Veterans and Active-Duty Claimants by providing quality and timely reports through fair and objective evaluations performed by trained professionals in a respectful and hospitable environment.
VES UNDERSTANDS VETERANS BECAUSE WE ARE VETERANS
VES® is a Veteran owned service company. Key members of our team across the nation are Veterans who proudly served our country. We are proud to be American and we are proud of our service.
As Veterans ourselves, some of us having gone through the VA disability claims process, we understand that our real customers are the Veterans who sacrificed for their country and deserve our utmost respect, compassion and care.