Information Technology (IT)
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers SAIC and AMENTUM, has a vacancy for a Legal Clerk. In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of the FBI FAM.
A Legal Clerk executes the following duties:
* Provide Apprentice examination of legal instruments
* Review legal instruments (completeness of information, proper execution)
* Obtain additional information
* Determine correctness of action (per Government regulations, procedures, etc.)
* Research records (to ascertain conditions that might preclude action)
* Provide information on instruments
* Provide assistance on instruments
* Gather facts for case and routine reports
* Perform initial review of petitions for remission and mitigation of forfeiture
* Verify citations and legal references on legal documents
A Legal Clerk must meet the following qualifications:
* Possess a four year undergraduate degree
* Attention to detail and the ability to read and follow directions is very important
* Good oral and written communications skills are highly desirable
* Must have one year's experience in a field related to law enforcement
* Must possess a demonstrated ability to analyze documents to extract information
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Access
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Candidates already possessing a minimum of a Top Secret clearance preferred.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.