Junior Financial Analyst Supporting the FBI (NVTC)
Washington, DC, USA
Information Technology (IT)
FSA, a rapidly growing professional services company delivering highly qualified personnel in support of the government's mission, has an immediate vacancy for a Junior Financial Analyst.
A Junior Financial Analyst executes the following duties:
* Provide support to the Financial Analyst
* Provides quality control and reconciles computer databases containing financial and compliance records of participating law enforcement agencies (using Microsoft Access, CATS, etc.)
* Reviews accounting practices to ensure compliance with other Federal laws and regulations (e.g., Single Audit Act), generally accepted Government accounting practices, and relevant Office Management and Budget (OMB) circulars
* Makes recommendations for corrective actions for improper or illegal expenditures and accounting funds
* Reviews and analyzes annual financial statements to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, program policies and procedures
* Prepares draft budget request for office operations
* Evaluates logistics and operations of audit and certification program to maximize efficiencies and streamline program review
* Serve as subject matter expert and technical authority for all computer-generated financial expenditures sent to commercial payments
* Input financial invoices sent by linguists and vendor companies into the Translator Online Network System (TONS)
* Complete monthly reconciliation of expenditures
* Accept and process financials by entering and retrieving data from FBI databases
* Analyze facts, identify problems, report findings, and make conclusions, and recommend corrective or other appropriate actions
* Provide activities report to FBI Team Lead and periodic reports to the NVTC accounting team or staff members
* Complete requisitions and market research of various products and services
NOTE: Candidates already possessing an Active Top Secret clearance strongly preferred.
A Junior Financial Analyst must meet the following qualifications:
* Possess a four year undergraduate degree in business administration or a related field
* Requires proficiency in using spreadsheet and word processing software and general knowledge of financial statements
* Input financial movements into a Share Point based tracking system
* Ability to report on status of tracking system
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.