Information Technology (IT)
FSA's DOJ Asset Forfeiture Support Program contract has an opening for a Financial Investigator to support the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF). FSA is seeking an investigator with experience conducting complex financial investigations, AML and asset identificaiton. This position is ideal for federal agents with experience in white collar crimes, money laundering and financial fraud cases.
A Forfeiture Financial Specialist executes the following duties:
* Review and analyze financial records obtained during criminal investigations to determine the source and flow of funds, the nature and volume of transactions conducted and any correlation among related accounts
* Trace criminal proceeds, identify forfeitable assets, assist in developing legal theory for forfeiture
* Prepare exhibits, graphs, charts, and summaries to assist investigators and prosecutors in the effective presentation of financial evidence in various court proceedings
In accordance with the contract:
* Monitors and analyzes the financial operations of assigned districts.
* Assists districts by providing: (1) guidance relative to complex financial assets; (2) support for preparation of annual Asset Forfeiture Fund audit samples; and (3) other support as required.
* Identifies potential issues, performs technical and factual research, and recommends alternative solutions.
* Provides support in conducting pre seizure analysis. This includes, but is not limited to net equity analysis, developing "exit strategy", preparation of recommendation to IAs and USAO, etc.
* Submits monthly reports to headquarters documenting the financial status of districts within assigned region.
* Provides support by monitoring financial reports of businesses managed under seizure or forfeiture actions.
A Forfeiture Financial Specialist must meet the following qualifications:
* Ten years of direct experience related to accounting, finance or asset management. Five years of direct financial investigative experience, to include money laundering investigative experience, is highly preferred.
* Experience and proficiency in Government accounting systems, financial databases, and Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet.
* Demonstrated ability to (a) prioritize and complete multiple complex projects under tight deadlines; (b) work with minimal supervision; and consistently deliver the highest level of quality work.
* Preference will be given to candidates that have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively with other individuals and/or teams.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Access is required with preference given to candidates with an Active Top Secret Security Access.
* Five years of direct Asset Forfeiture experience is highly preferred
* Four-year undergraduate diploma (additional experience may be substituted for college degree).
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.