The Senior Training Manager (STM) role is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing training programs which increase the skills, knowledge and behaviors of commercial customer-facing roles with a goal of positively impacting sales results. This includes all new hire training, product launches, national, divisional, and regional meetings, distance learning programs, instructor-led programs, and other identified training opportunities and methodologies. In this role the STM will work closely with sales and marketing team members to ensure a thorough understanding of products in the marketplace and develop training to support tactical implementation of the marketing strategy. The STM will work with other training team members and field force trainers to achieve business and learning goals. In this role, the STM must partner effectively with Sales, Marketing, Medical, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, Patient Services, and other strategic partners to develop and deliver training that helps drive business results.
* Design and develop training sessions that increase sales force skills and knowledge, with a goal of positively impacting sales results.
* Project Lead for New Hire Classes. Develop and deliver training sessions and assessments by facilitating the most appropriate format for new hire training purpose.
* Provide feedback to managers on new hire performance.
* Analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate (ADDIE) sales training programs and materials for continuing education of experienced sales reps; includes product launches, National and POA meetings, teleconferences, WebEx and other identified training opportunities in a continuous learning mode.
* Design and analyze assessments to identify skills and knowledge gaps.
* Continuous quality improvement on all learning goals for all field roles.
* Work closely with marketing team members to ensure a thorough understanding of products in the marketplace and to develop training to support tactical implementation of marketing strategy. In addition, partner effectively with Sales, Medical/Clinical, Legal, Regulatory, and any other strategic partners to develop and deliver training as needed.
* Manage external vendors to bring high quality services within the set budget and on time.
* Provide input to the extended Training Team and Director on the strategic vision as well as tactical improvements for the sales training department. Work with other sales training team members and field trainers to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
* Apply principles of adult learning to ensure training effectiveness. Access resources to keep up-to-date on industry best demonstrated practices.
* Develop workshops and materials to support the needs of our US & Global customers.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated excellence with presentation and facilitation skills
* Ability to teach, coach and develop people in complex sales organization.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate and execute in a matrixed environment.
* Demonstrated understanding of the selling process - ability to comprehend and execute sales processes.
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects on time.
* Demonstrated results orientation and high productivity through setting high standards and achieving stretch goals.
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other tools.
* Experience with Veeva Vault or other content approval tools / systems.
* 3 to 5 years professional experience required
* Successful healthcare industry training, marketing, or clinical experience is preferred
* Ability to think critically and strategically
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Personal Accountability for Results and Integrity
* Relentless Focus on rapid and disciplined action
* Respect for Individuals and the diverse contributions of all stakeholders
* Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
* Collaboration and Teamwork
* Motivating and Developing Others
* Bachelor's degree required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.