Be involved in projects with our Architecture and Buildings Group and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Architect to join our Northeast team. This position can work out of Philadelphia, PA. With the intimacy of a small group of staff, along with the support of a large firm, this is an excellent and unique opportunity for the right candidate to challenge themselves and to grow their career.
The Architecture and Buildings Group (ABG) leads and designs projects that support local and regional growth initiatives through small and large transportation projects. Our goal is to team with our agency clients and to develop solutions to the complex challenge of advancing transportation throughout the region. The ABG has over 100 engineers and architects throughout the Northeast Region and Mid-Atlantic Region, with major design hubs located in New York City, Boston, St Louis, and San Francisco.
The candidate will lead projects for a wide array of clients in the transportation field. Responsibilities include business development, project scoping, budgeting and scheduling, client meetings, project management, and contract document development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Project Team Management;
• Business development including teaming arrangements, and proposals;
• Client interaction including presentations, liaison;
• Work closely with client project managers and staff to track budgets and schedules
• Manage extrnal consultants to track their progress;
• Contract Development for traditional and alternate deliverable projects;
• High level review of architectural designs and code compliance;
• Ensuring on time delivery of projects
Typical projects types include:
• Transportation segments include rail, bus, airports and marine ports; Facility building types include administration buildings, tolling structures, parking structures, bus and rail stations including associated maintenance facilities, ancillary buildings, vent buildings, etc.;
• Low rise office buildings as well as office fit outs;
• Resiliency related studies and design;
• Parks and recreation centers.
Growth Opportunities include:
• Work closely with office leadership to pursue opportunities and win new work;
• Become the go-to person for facility related work in the area;
• Lead high profile type projects with business impact.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
• BA in Architecture
• 7 years of experience
• Strong knowledge of local clients and/or agency work (Amtrak, SORTA or SEPTA, Local Universities, Cities, Counties)
• Strong knowledge of construction drawing standards and building codes, as well as ADA compliance;
• Transit architecture related experience required;
• Solid understanding of architectural tools (AutoCAD, REVIT, SketchUp, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite)
• Excellent communication and writing skills, attention to detail and highly organized.
• Self-starter, able to work independently and able to multi-task.
• Registered Architect in Pennsylvania.
• NCARB certified
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.