The SouthEnd Talent Acquisition Readiness and Training (START) Program is a supervised work experience in an area or field of an individual’s potential career interest. The goal of this program is to offer individuals an opportunity to apply their theoretical background and skills to an experiential situation and explore a specific field. This program has intentional learning objectives and a process to determine obtainment of the objectives. This development program will be 6 months in length, consisting of rotations in six departments within SouthEnd Exteriors. Upon completion of the program employees may apply for a permanent position in one of the departments.
NOTE- Upon completion of the START program, employee MUST BE willing to relocate in the Southeast (Charlotte, Greensboro, Triad, Charleston, Wilmington, Greenville, Nashville, or Myrtle Beach) depending on company needs.
To create a well-rounded employee with a strong understanding of how various departments within SouthEnd Exteriors work on both a large scale and on a day-to-day basis.
Minimum Education and/or Certification:
· Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
· Completion of trade/construction/civil engineering program is a plus
· Must pass a DOT physical
· Must possess a valid Driver’s License
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and BASIC DUTIES
· Responsible for achieving established SMART goals within each rotation in a specific department (goals, tasks, and basic duties differ from department to department)
· Conducts oneself only in a professional way while associated with SouthEnd Exteriors
· Works in a safe manner always and consistently provide a safe work environment
· Ensures adherence to all State and Federal guidelines and Industry regulations
· Performs other duties as required
Physical Demands/Work EnvironmentRequirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Constantly sees and hears; frequently carries and holds objects up to 20 lbs., files, sorts, stands, types, walks; operates a PC, a calculator and writes by hand, performs data entry, sits, twists body; lifts, pulls, pushes and drags objects weighing up to 30 lbs., climbs, crawls, kneels, squats, and stoops. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled.
NO Security Clearance
· Knowledge of basic research techniques and basic math skills
· Knowledge of administrative procedures, problem identification, and problem solving techniques
· Knowledge of office administration skills, practices and equipment
· Skilled in communicating effectively orally and in writing, with individuals who represent a diverse population
· Ability to comprehend and anticipate issues and problems which could impact the assigned task
· Must be reliable; exhibit follow-through; must be adept at completing tasks and solving problems
· Must possess the ability to work both independently and as a team member
· Must possess intermediate computer skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Team player with the aptitude for multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, and building relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
For over 10 years, SouthEnd Exteriors has earned the reputation as the area’s very best leading residential siding and roofing installation company. A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and recognized for our outstanding professionalism, dependability, craftsmanship, reliability, customer service and community involvement. SouthEnd Exteriors is the Southeast region’s most proven installation contractor offering a wide range of top quality home exterior construction services, including siding, roofing, soffits and ceilings, accents, columns and railings. SouthEnd Exteriors has been in it for the long haul, building upon a long series of outstanding support and service within the home builder community. We offer the complete package. We share your mindset and the same commitment of excellence, all geared to ensure your company’s success.