Information Technology (IT)
FSA, a rapidly growing professional services company delivering highly qualified personnel in support of the government's mission, has an immediate vacancy for a Paralegal IV.
A Paralegal IV performs, but is not limited to the following duties:
* Assist attorney, provide Legal Clerk and Paralegal / Legal Assistant II & III review
* Directs and supervises the work of paralegal and other contractor staff, particularly on major paralegal support efforts, such as large legal research projects, or major in-courtroom support
* Monitors work and reports on progress; responsible for ensuring that work meets contract and attorney requirements and is delivered on time
* Troubleshoots and performs quality control spot-checks. Must be able to formulate administrative and technical procedures for getting the work done
* Performs complex legal factual research
* Designs and develops systems and procedures for tracking, controlling, and managing case files, exhibits, and other case-specific materials. Assists trial staff in coordination with expert witnesses
* Arranges for access to appropriate Department of Justice libraries and other legal research facilities
* Coordinates with other Contractor support components in order to accomplish work
* Reports to Contractor's Project Director or Operations Supervisor; may also have significant contact with Government officials and clients
A Paralegal IV must meet the following qualifications:
* Possess a paralegal certificate
* At least three years of paralegal experience required including some trial related experience
* Supervisory experience required
* Sound working knowledge of legal system, legal research procedures, and sources of information
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytic ability, and thorough knowledge of legal research tools
* Hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, and telecommunications
* Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Access
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.