The Access and Reimbursement Manager (ARM) works to optimize access to care for patients prescribed Biogen products. The ARM works with their respective local sales teams (Territory Business Managers, Regional Directors, Key Account Managers), MA&R (National Account Managers and Directors, Regional Account Managers) and Patient Services colleagues to develop Key Account strategies across their assigned geographies.
The ARM is the primary point of contact for infusion center customers. The ARM works to optimize the experience for both the patient and the account by communicating and improving operational metrics for patients on Biogen therapies. The ARMs will educate and support infusion account personnel by providing information and training on: the TYSABRI infusion process, TOUCH requirements, REMS program, reimbursement and clinical information. The ARM is responsible for pulling through the infusion capacity strategy enabling patient access to therapy. They are responsible for onboarding and training new TOUCH certified locations and ensuring REMS compliance.
The ARM collaborates with their counterparts on Key Neurology accounts. They are tasked to resolve access escalations for the Biogen MS portfolio. This role is responsible for informing and supporting the local teams on the process to improve operational metrics such as cycle times, graduation rates, never starts, free drug conversion, etc. The ARM is responsible for deploying unique service offerings based on account needs, examples include Cover My Meds, Tecfidera Nurse Educator and Proactive PA Renewals. The ARM shall serve as the conduit between the Key Accounts and Patient Services to streamline and simplify access to therapy. The ARM will customize approach to meet the unique needs of each key account.
The ARM will be field based and require significant travel that may extend from 40-80% depending on the territory geography, customer requirements, meetings and required training.
The ARM must demonstrate a long-term track record of adherence to Biogen Corporate Compliance Policies.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Help build trust and value within Key Accounts, infusion sites and with key internal stakeholders by acting as a subject matter expert on all aspects of reimbursement and coverage.
* Improves account education of Biogen service offerings through Business Reviews, site visits, and educational dinner programs.
* Builds processes unique to each Key Account that optimizes Biogen product fulfilment from the perspective of both the patient and the account; continuously reevaluates and optimizes processes as needed.
* Conduct External Business Reviews focused on operational metrics for Infusion Accounts and Key Neurology Accounts.
* Educate on requirements of TOUCH Program with prescribers, infusion accounts, and central pharmacies, and identify opportunities to prevent deviations.
* Lead account based education to support TYSABRI REMS compliance on all aspects of the TOUCH Prescribing Program
* Strategically deploys unique resources within Biogen suite of services based on customer need, examples include CMM, Tec NE, Proactive PA Renewal services.
* Develops proactive One Biogen Key Account strategies by collaborating with Key Account team and aligning on and executing pull through strategy.
* Responsible for collaborating with RAM colleagues for the process integration of ACPs within assigned Key Accounts.
* Comfortable leading cross functionally and influencing without authority
* Ensures Timely follow-up that demonstrates urgency to both the account and the patient.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Demonstrates strong EQ skills.
* Proficiency with Biogen support platforms (i.e. TOUCH ONLINE, QLIKSENSE, VEEVA, Disposition reports, etc).
* Minimum 5-7+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience
o Ideally 2+ years of experience in the MS Disease State or other related chronic disease
* A successful track record in field reimbursement, clinical education or in pharmaceutical sales/management of products that required significant payer and reimbursement involvement
* Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of reimbursement (coding, coverage, and payment) including advanced understanding of reimbursement with products under Medical and Pharmaceutical benefits.
* Proficiency with distribution through Specialty Pharmacy and Wholesale Distributors through Buy and Bill.
* Technical knowledge of healthcare reimbursement from a patient and provider perspective
* Experience navigating complex accounts with the ability to establish effective relationships through mutual respect and trust in dealing with others.
* Must be comfortable with ambiguity and not having set processes and structures in place
* An in-depth understanding and knowledge of FDA mandated Risk Map programs.
* Can identify issues quickly and can develop recommendations to resolve in a timely, compliant manner.
* Strong presentation skills. Ability to clearly and succinctly convey his/her ideas to either groups or individuals
* Strong regional and national Managed Care knowledge
* Strong organizational and communication skills- ability to navigate communication between BIIB and the HCP office
* Understanding of patient privacy laws including HIPAA and similar state laws
* Advanced understanding of compliance with OIG & regulatory requirements.
* Driving is an essential duty of this job; candidates must have a valid driver's license to be considered.
BS/BA Required MBA Preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.