Be involved in projects with our Asset Management Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Asset Management Principal Consultant for our Austin, Texas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership in continuing to develop our asset management and maintenance advisory practice in the central part of the US
• Identify and lead the development of opportunities for new business in asset management, performance management, organizational development, business process analysis and strategic planning
• Establish great working relationships with other parts of the business in the US and beyond
• Lead and deliver complex, multidisciplinary consulting projects across sectors
• Support existing asset management assignments in the transportation sector
• Support the Business Line Director in establishing WSP as a premier brand across the USA
• Participate in professional societies and conferences showcasing WSP’s asset management capabilities.
• Support the professional growth of our junior consultants within the AMBA practice area through mentoring and delivering formal training
• Guide junior staff in the production of deliverables; provide QA/QC on deliverables
• Recruit and build a team to capitalize on growing workload
• Nurture and grow relationships with potential teaming partners
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, with graduate degree preferred
• 12+ years of experience in directly relevant endeavors
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Active engagement in relevant industry organizations
• Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional IQ
• Must have authorization to immediately work in the United States
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
• Proven experience in consulting or a comparable role in developing organizational capability and performance improvement from within an organization
• Evidence of successful project management experience
• Proven experience in senior management
• Hands-on leader, collaborator, and strong team player
• Self-starter, who can get things done efficiently
• Strong understanding of asset management and the challenges organizations face with introducing business change to improve management practices
• Established network within the transportation sector in North America.
• Broad knowledge of business models and processes of transportation sector organizations
• Familiarity with national and international practices and standards
• Experience with direct line management of staff
• Strong desire to coach and support more junior consultants
• Exceptional ease in concurrently relating to and managing corporate executives, line consultants, and client executives
• Ability to bridge technical, management, financial and policy perspectives
• Evidence of thought leadership activities
• Experience of long-term consulting assignments in - or employment within – public sector agencies or outsourced operations contracts.
• Ability to empathize, based on experience, with maintenance crews through to top management.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.