WSP is a leading, global planning, engineering and consulting firm with a total staff of over 48,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At WSP, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality services to our clients. As a professional, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Dam Engineer with strong analytical and design skills to join our growing NYNJ Water and Environmental Team. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join an exciting and dynamic team of professionals. The position offers great potential for professional growth in a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to water projects. The WSP Dams & Reservoirs Practice provides services on a wide range of projects including dams and appurtenant structures, levees, floodwalls, penstocks, instrumentation monitoring and evaluation, environmental studies and Licensing/permitting. Our ideal candidate has specialized dam engineering expertise with a strong background in the fields of hydraulic, geotechnical, or structural engineering. As part of our Dams & Reservoirs Team, you will perform, manage and lead technical tasks and mentor junior engineers. Applicant should also have a developed business acumen and support the growth of our Practice.
Please note: Candidate can sit in any of the following offices: WSP NY and NJ Offices including New York City, NY, Briarcliff Manor, NY, Albany, NY, Buffalo, NY, Upper Saddle River, NJ, Morristown, NY or Lawrenceville, NY.
· Produce hydraulic, geotechnical and structural calculations, design drawings and documents, and project standards and specifications.
· Perform field inspections, develop quantity take-offs, engineering cost estimates, and permit applications for projects involving hydraulic structures.
· Perform dam safety inspections and prepare reports in conformance with state or federal regulatory guidelines.
· Review and supervise design calculations, modeling studies, drawings, reports, and project standards and specifications.
· Provide technical guidance and mentoring for other engineers in their project work and development.
· Assist in proposal development, manage, execute and provide technical support on a variety of water-related as well as interdisciplinary projects.
· Communicate with clients and regulators, establish goals and objectives for project teams, and schedule and coordinate resources to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the performance expectations of the client.
· Promote Dams & Reservoirs project capabilities by presenting and attending meeting and conferences.
· Apply regulatory knowledge with USACE, FEMA, NYSDEC, FERC, USBR, and other local, state and federal agencies and regulators.
· Domestic and international travel, when necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Civil and/or Structural Engineering, or related field.
· 5+ years of experience in dam engineering, preferably with at least 3 years of related experience in the New York/New Jersey Region.
· Demonstrated experience with dam stability analysis, seismicity issues, flood hydrology, mechanical design knowledge, geotechnical knowledge, dam monitoring and instrumentation, dam operations, and risk assessment preferred.
· PE License in New York or New Jersey or ability to obtain within 12 months.
· Must demonstrate strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, take direction, and provide direction to others ensuring the quality of deliverables.
· Excellent English technical verbal and written communication skills.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.