United Rentals, Inc. is an $8 billion dollar Fortune 500 organization and the largest equipment rental company in the world. The company has an integrated network of over 1,100 rental locations in 49 states, every Canadian province, and 11 in Europe. The company's 18,000+ employees serve construction and industrial customers, utilities, municipalities, homeowners and others. Additional information about United Rentals is available at unitedrentals.com.
The Manager, Specialty/International Strategic Sourcing is responsible for the identification and realization of cost savings opportunities across the company for a broad scope of direct products and services. This position will be a working manager to directly execute the strategic sourcing process for categories. Estimated spend is $100 - $400M depending upon the final categories assigned.
* Perform sourcing activities for corporate organization products and services to include:
* Spend analysis
* Establishing company standards for these categories based on company requirements
* Perform market analysis
* Develop category sourcing strategies
* Perform RFI's, RFP's and reverse auctions
* Negotiate and finalize contracts including master agreements and scopes of work
* Develop and execute implementation, communication and compliance plans
* Lead cross functional teams in the development of policies and programs related to category usage to drive savings.
* Measure, manage, and report on service and savings levels of key providers.
* Identify, plan and ensure execution and compliance of sourcing strategies on various indirect categories
* Develop skill sets and knowledge base of team
* Manage and work with 3rd parties supporting the sourcing and operations of these purchases Requirements * Bachelors Degree in Management, Operations and/ or Accounting preferred. MBA or other graduate degree is a plus
* CPIM/CPM or equivalent desirable
* At least 3 - 5 years of progressive direct strategic sourcing experience in business
* At least 2 - 4 years hands-on experience in negotiating standard contract terms and conditions, redlining agreements, supplier diversity, solution implementation, invoice and payment processing of allocated invoices and establishing detailed and performance-driven scope of work documents.
* Background/experience in spend analysis and sourcing; proven results in reducing costs, ideally in relevant supply areas
* Exceptional negotiating skills and experience, and the capability and desire to train others in this strategic skill set
* Experience in establishing, communicating and managing Supplier Performance Metrics (cost/timeliness/quality); vendor relationship management experience
* Success in a consultative role, i.e., proven ability to influence without authority
* Proven ability to drive business results; knowledge/experience with cost saving metrics
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.