Solutions Architect, R&D IT - Solutions Delivery & Design
Professional Diversity Network
Cambridge, MA, USA
Information Technology (IT)
The SD&D Team is responsible for leading all design and implementation efforts for R&D platforms integrating and supporting real world data workflows, clinical trials, pharmacovigilance, regulatory information management, drug discovery, digital and quantitative medicine, translational medicine and lab automation. The SD&D team is also responsible for all R&D application architecture for R&D solutions. Solutions put in place by this team are transitioned to the applications management team for operational support.
This position (IT Architect) will report to the overall RDIT Solution Delivery Lead, and will work closely with the solution Architects from SD&D, IT Functional Line teams and the business users to plan, define, build, deploy and communicate various solutions for the organization within Research & Development. This role will work through all phases of the SDLC including, but not limited to, leading focus groups and workshops to discuss requirements; experimenting with new tools to design and develop solutions, and leading the technical team responsible for that development; testing the implementations with our quality team and tools; and deploying the solutions.
This position will be involved in the review and evaluation of vendor solutions, architecture as well as the implementing and delivering internal solutions in validated and non-validated space. The candidate will provide technical guidance and expertise across all R&D projects. The candidate will also be responsible for creating and facilitating the creation of technical documentation and for providing insights and points of view that will influence how products are developed in the medical device space.
The IT Architect will have the following Responsibilities:
PLAN & MANAGE: * Work with and manage team of internal and external 3rd party technical resources performing analysis, design, configuration, development, testing, and deployment activities for our applications
* Ensure internal and external 3rd party team is properly staffed to meet project demands
* Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility
* Support analysis and estimation of project pipeline
* Effectively guide the architecture, design and delivery of solutions
* Conducting Vendor and Technology evaluations, ensuring tech stack meets Biogen specifications and appropriate data handling and cybersecurity for products that are deployed
* Manage budget, issues, risks, quality, schedule for technical delivery
SPECIFY & DESIGN: * Provide strategic partnership to business partners and IT Functional Leads by educating on technology landscape, performing proof of concept to demonstrate functionality and pilots to prove selection of best technology
* Work with the business analysts and IT Functional leads in developing Architecture and Solutions for R&D platforms
* Work with other architects to ensure the application components align with a specific architecture needs and meet performance goals.
* Develop technical Architecture and Solutions for R&D platforms on AWS Cloud, Hosted or on-premise
* Creation of architectures for specific projects, including tool and methodology determination and present to the Architecture Review Board
* Analyze and map customers' business requirements to meet implementation objectives
* Manage technical workstream activities and project timelines to ensure successful delivery.
* Support analysis and estimation of R&D project pipeline
BUILD & TEST: * Lead multiple, successful implementations, including project management, configuration and installation of software, data migration and customer training
* Demonstrate functional expertise, and offer pragmatic guidance, including pros and cons of various implementation options
* Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the func
* Combined 10+ years of relevant experience * Hands-on Technical Delivery / Development required * Hands on experience with implementing solutions on AWS Cloud * Application Architecture, Design and Development experience * The candidate will have exp
The Solution Design and Delivery (SD&D) Team within R&D Information Technology (R&D IT) focuses on Application, Design, Development, and Testing of Biogen IT Solutions.