#1468: Technical Writer Port Hueneme, Port Hueneme, CA, US
Port Hueneme, Port Hueneme, CA, US
· Clearance: Secret
· Education/Experience: Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in applicable disciplines such as Computer Science, Mechanical Engineer, Multimedia Design/Development, Information Technology Systems, Illustrating Aerospace Engineering, Business Management, Business Administration, or six (6) years of technical writing experience.
· Five (5) years of experience directly related to developing and producing interactive/online technical documentation.
· At least (1) year of experience directly related to the management and coordination of personnel and activities in the support of the design, development, and production of training courses and course materials utilizing NAVEDTRA 130 series standards for Navy Combat Weapon Systems. This experience may run concurrently with the five (5) years of experience developing and producing interactive/online technical documentation
· Two (2) years of experience with Content Management Systems, Learning Management Systems, and/or Sharable Content Object Reference Model
· Demonstrated experience supervising content development and in Validation/Verification Events, PUBSATS onboard ships or labs, schedules
· Demonstrated experience in the technical documentation life cycle development, distribution and disposal
· Demonstrate experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access), and Adobe Communication Suite (Acrobat Pro, FrameMaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, Robo Help)
· Demonstrated experience using HP-UX file system and commands.
· Demonstrated experience developing, maintaining, and producing technical documentation in S1000 international specification for the procurement and production of technical publications
· Demonstrated experience using Integrated Development Environments (IDE) to develop or maintain logistic products.
· Demonstrated experience to interpret specifications and technical documentations to write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. Operational/maintenance manuals and operational procedures for Navy Combat Weapon systems.
· Demonstrated experience with the development, maintenance, and production of one or more of the following Logistic Program Management plans or presentations: Integrated Logistic Support Plan, Life Cycle Sustainment Plans, Interim Logistic Support Plans, DMSMS Management Plans, Supply Management Plans, Technical Bulletins, User Logistics Support Summaries, Program Review Technical Presentations.
· Demonstrated experience with AutoCad to prepare 2D or 3D drawings, wiring diagrams, circuit board assembly diagrams, and layout drawings used for the manufacture, installation, or repair of electrical equipment and SolidWorks.
· Demonstrated experience related to gathering and analyzing source material, developing relevant curricula, and providing operator and maintenance training for Navy Combat Weapon Systems.
· Demonstrated experience in maintenance planning, perform Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) analyses, develop and maintain Planned Maintenance System (PMS) documentation which includes Maintenance Index Pages (MIPs) and Maintenance Requirement Cards (MRCs). Shall be Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Level I and II Certified. Knowledge of Planned Maintenance System Management Information System (PMSMIS) and Naval Logistics Technical Data (NAVLOGTD).
· Demonstrated experience in utilization in two or more the following Navy Databases: Configuration Data Management Database – Open Architecture (CDMD-OA), Naval Data Environment (NDE), Planned Maintenance System Management Information System (PMSMIS), Advanced Technical Information System (ATIS), Technical Data Management Information System (TDMIS), Streamlined Modular Acquisition Requirements Tailoring Tool (SMART-T), Naval Ships Engineering Drawing Repository (NSDER), Interactive Computer Aided Provisioning (ICAPS), and Authoring Instructional Materials (AIM).
Saalex Solutions, Inc. is an Engineering and Information Technology company with a focus on Systems Engineering, IT, Integrated Logistics Support, and Range Operations and Maintenance for Space and Combat Weapon Systems domains.
Approaching our 20-year anniversary, our talent-rich, diverse staff of over 650 full-time employees nationwide is what continues to enable us to be flexible, adaptable, efficient, and easy to do business with.
Because our people are our success, we provide all our full-time employees with top benefits, to include a 401k with a company match - 100% vested from day one!
Deep understanding of user requirements, acquisition/project processes, and state-of-the-art technologies serve as fertile ground for our employees’ personal growth and career progression, and our staff appreciates our employees-first approach in lateral and forward career development.
Apply now if you're looking for A+ company culture, and an inclusive, growth-oriented group!