Information Technology (IT)
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers SAIC and AECOM, has an immediate vacancy for a Staff Accountant in its Corporate Headquarters office.
A Staff Accountant executes the following duties:
* Prepares monthly journal entry compilations for all contract levels and accruals toward financial statement compilation
* Asset and liability trend analysis for monthly compilations
* Comprehensive financial statement analysis ( Actual vs. Budget & Prior month variances)
* Compilation of budgeting & forecasting and independent analysis of these reports
* Detailed general ledger monthly account reconciliations to include balance sheet, H & W expenses & accruals and all other active accounts
* Execute, assist and compile the monthly reconciliations for Bank accounts and related transactions as well as reconcile Credit Card transactions.
* Business tax compilation & analysis responsibilities (annual, business, excise and local tax reporting)
* Validates and confirms cash receipts, A/P vouchers, and A/R invoices executed by the Finance staff
* Provides accounting support to the Finance Department in any other tasks required by the Company
* Prepare various Ad-hoc reporting
* Compliance with regulatory laws, GAAP, SOX, SEC and various Financial aspects
* Compile audit schedules and support to Controller for Internal and External Audits
* Provides quality control analysis over documents and supporting data in connection with ISO and SOX audits.
* Manage SOX narratives and process control documentation to ensure they are in agreement with other departments and comply with current SOX guidance
* Provide assistance on special projects as assigned
Bachelor's degree or a minimum of five years of related experience.
* Experience in large company/firm (over 50M in revenue preferred)
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced organization
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills to allow for multi-tasking
* Self-starter; work independently and/or in a team environment
* Strong Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
* Strong understanding of general accounting principles and ability to read and interpret financial statement results
* SEC or SOX reporting knowledge and experience preferred
* Demonstrated strong understanding of process flows & control
* Government Contracting Experience preferred
* Excellent computer skills, to include knowledge of accounting software programs: Costpoint/Deltek, Cognos. Deltek preferred but large accounting software acceptable
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and Word is required
* Power Point experience is preferred
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.