Information Technology (IT)
FSA, a rapidly growing professional services company delivering highly qualified personnel in support of the government's mission, has an immediate vacancy for a Senior Law Clerk.
A Senior Law Clerk will assist attorneys by providing Legal Clerk and Paralegal / Legal Assistant II & III review and executing the following duties:
* Performs expert legal research and writing on extremely sophisticated issues
* Reviews investigative reports from various executive agencies, prepares summaries of those reports, and identifies matters requiring close Department review
* Conducts high-level analysis of facts, evidence, and legal authorities in connection with domestic and international investigations
* Prepares persuasive legal memoranda, motions, and briefs, which synthesize facts, evidence, and legal authorities
* Drafts reports, develops training curricula, and prepares responses to Congressional and citizen correspondence
* Assists in the policy area, analyzing and drafting comments on legislative proposals
* Prepares correspondence for signature of government officials on a variety of complex issues
* Coordinates with other Contractor support components in order to accomplish work
NOTE: Applicants with an Active Secret Clearance Preferred
A Senior Law Clerk must meet the following qualifications:
* Law degree
* Bar certified
* At least 2 years post-JD experience
* Demonstrated ability to utilize law library resources and working knowledge of research tools
* Demonstrated outstanding legal writing skills; requires outstanding written and oral communication skills
* Proficiency in using Corel Word Perfect, Microsoft Word, Lexis-Nexis and West Law
* Ability to consistently deliver the highest quality of work under extreme pressure
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Access
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.