Information Technology (IT)
FSA, a rapidly growing professional services company delivering highly qualified personnel in support of the government's mission, has an immediate vacancy for a Legal Assistant supporting the US Attorneys Office (Manhattan) in their Asset Forfeiture Unit. This position is ideal for recent college graduates planning to attend law school in the near future. Successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of on-going cases. Successful applicant will be expected to:
-Liason with local, state and DOJ agencies relating to civil and criminal AF cases
-Review preliminary and final orders of forfeiture
-Obtain tracking updates and requests from paralegals
-Create and maintain logs, records and databases of information related to forfeited assets
Additionally a Legal Assistant/Records Examiner will provide Data Analyst tasks and executes the following duties:
* Provide organization and management of case files
* Review data (completeness of information, proper execution)
* Extract data from data base
* Obtain additional information from other investigative agencies/data base
* Establish/maintain physical file
* Prepare notices/advertisements
* Receive, suspense petitions, claims, process sharing requests
* Reconcile inconsistencies
* Prepare declarations
* Gather information and organize investigative package
* Verify case files and case tracking system
* Maintain internal status information on the disposition of all forfeited assets
* Assure information is accurate and perform analytical computations necessary to process data
* Conduct and reconcile inventories
* Distribute and receive documents
* Assist lead analyst or official in obtaining/collecting all documents/information to complete case file
* Provide administrative information and assistance concerning case to other investigative agencies, local law enforcement agencies, US Attorney, and other DOJ processing units, and higher headquarters
* Extract data from agency data base for management and program reports
* Perform word processing relevant to case documentation
* Perform data entry relevant to case
A Records Examiner/Analyst must meet the following qualifications:
* A four year undergraduate degree is preferred (Political Science, English and History degree preferred)
* Demonstrated ability to perform research preferred
* Must have one year's experience in a field related to law enforcement
* Attention to detail and the ability to read and follow directions is very important
* Good oral and written communications skills are highly desirable
* Must possess a demonstrated ability to analyze documents to extract information
* Abilty to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Access
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.