Data Analyst - ( Lab Technician ) Supporting the FBI Laboratory
Quantico, VA 22134, USA
Information Technology (IT)
FSA, a rapidly growing professional services company delivering highly qualified personnel in support of the government's mission, has an immediate vacancy for a Data Analyst (Lab Technician) Supporting the FBI Laboratory's DNA Casework Unit (DCU).
Using cutting-edge science to solve cases and prevent acts of crime and terror. That's what the FBI Laboratory has been about since 1932, when their first crime lab was born. Today, it is a full-service operation, with approximately 500 scientific experts and special agents working in a state-of-the-art facility in rural Virginia, traveling the world over on assignment and providing forensic exams, technical support, expert witness testimony, and advanced training to Bureau personnel and partners around the globe. Whether it's peering into the nucleus of a cell to determine guilt or innocence, analyzing the spatter of blood at a crime scene, or linking exploded bomb fragments to terrorists, the men and women of the FBI Laboratory are dedicated to using the rigors of science to protect and defend the nation.
The Data Analyst position will assist the DNA Casework Unit (DCU) in its day-to-day operations by providing the management of casework evidence and casework files. The job duties will be performed in a laboratory setting with the Case Administration Group (CAG). This support will include the duties listed in the Job Description.
A Data Analyst executes the following duties:
* Receive, inventory, and return all evidence received by the Unit
* Maintain chain of custody on evidence
* Perform routine laboratory maintenance
* Provide organization and management of case files
* Review data (completeness of information, proper execution)
* Extract data from data base
* Obtain additional information from other investigative agencies/data base
* Establish/maintain physical file
* Prepare notices/advertisements
* Receive, suspense petitions, claims, process sharing requests
* Reconcile inconsistencies
* Prepare declarations
* Gather information and organize investigative package
* Verify case files and case tracking system
* Maintain internal status information on the disposition of all forfeited assets
* Assure information is accurate and perform analytical computations necessary to process data
* Conduct and reconcile inventories
* Distribute and receive documents
* Assist lead analyst or official in obtaining/collecting all documents/information to complete case file
* Provide administrative information and assistance concerning case to other investigative agencies, local law enforcement agencies, US Attorney, and other DOJ processing units, and higher headquarters
* Extract data from agency data base for management and program reports
* Perform word processing relevant to case documentation
* Perform data entry relevant to case
NOTE: Applicants with an Active Top Secret Clearance Prefererd
The work requires manual dexterity, flexibility, and some assignments which require lifting of objects of up to 50 pounds or more. The work will be performed in a laboratory setting which may involve exposure to hazardous materials, toxic substances and blood borne pathogens. Preventative inoculations may be required.
A Data Analyst must meet the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree required, Biology or Forensic Science degree preferred.
* Ability to review and analyze data and information from multiple sources
* Ability to establish case/project files
* Ability to enter and retrieve data from data bases
* Ability to prepare and format management reports
* Ability to manipulate, transfer, and compute and print information
* Ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets
* Ability to prepare and correct reports and correspondence using word processing software
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.