The Senior Director (SD), Contracts & Pricing (C&P) acts as the primary senior leadership for Market Access Commercial and Government contracting and pricing operations. The SD C&P is a member of the Biogen US Market Access & Reimbursement (MA & R) leadership team, reporting to the Vice President, MA & R. He/she is a core stakeholder in determining US contracting and pricing strategies to obtain profitable reimbursement and access for all US Biogen products and franchises. He/she is responsible for: US pricing strategies and guidance, commercial contracting strategies, government pricing, commercial and government contract development, and contract operations. He/she will collaborate closely with the Strategy & Ops, Payer Channel Marketing, and Trade & Distribution as well as the field-based account teams. He/she will support relationship building with key accounts and participate in critical negotiations as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
* Oversees the development of all pricing documents for the US and Global pricing councils.
* Works with MA&R LT to ensure overall market access contracting strategies are developed in alignment with payer and brand marketing strategies.
* Develops value driven optimal gross and net pricing strategies across channels to optimize access throughout the life cycle of products.
* Oversees the contract development process, including pre- and post-deal analysis, customer negotiation support, and redlining of contractual terms and conditions.
* Oversees the payment of managed care and government rebates. Includes the analysis and processing of all rebate and/or administrative fee invoices received by customers.
* Collaborates with Commercial and Finance to ensure appropriate forecasting of List Price and Gross to Net / Discounts & Allowances.
* Oversees calculation, review and reporting of statutory government price calculations including Medicaid, Medicare, PHS/340B, and VA/DOD pricing.
* Communicates price changes to external databases and other stakeholders.
* Collaborates with Public Policy and Government Affairs on pricing and access-related legislative activities.
* Ensures compliance with laws and legal requirements.
* Builds, develops and leads an industry-leading team of C&P practitioners. Actively participates in shaping the overall culture of MA&R and support talent attraction, retention and career-development
Up to 30% travel required *LI-SRC6
* At least 10 years of industry Market Access experience. At least 5 years of senior leadership roles in Contracts & Pricing or related functions.
* Executive leadership and influencing, strategic planning and organization, decision making and problem solving skills.
* Strong people leadership skills, including building and maintaining a highly engaged team culture, facilitating conflict resolution, and mentoring and coaching team members.
* Sound knowledge of pricing methodology and pricing & reimbursement requirements.
* Experience with a new product launch / approval.
* Experience with Specialty and/or Rare Disease therapeutic areas.
* Excellent written and verbal communication to effectively convey strategic and technical market access information/issues to executives and access staff.
* Strong presentation skills.
* Demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of US health care systems and financing mechanisms.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
* High level of personal accountability and commitment to success.
Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Level or above degree preferred. Advanced training in relevant market access discipline a plus.
The Senior Director (SD), Contracts & Pricing (C&P) acts as the primary senior leadership for Market Access Commercial and Government contracting and pricing operations. He/she works closely with the MA&R Strat & Ops team to develop all US contracting and pricing strategies to obtain profitable US reimbursement and access for Biogen products and franchises, and leads the implementation of said strategies.